SRB2 Message Board  

Go Back   SRB2 Message Board > Sonic Robo Blast 2 > Editing

Old 05-30-2018   #1
Magictub
Furry

Default Project SPB2

Hello. I am working on a map where a big part in the Center acts as the "root", per se, of an expanding map. I don't have a full-on planned map, but I was hoping to make a plaza of sorts that acts as a hangout/portal to the campaign, or any gamemode (i.e. circuit, tag, CTF, etc.). I am making this thread for ideas/comments on the map in progress.

Thanks, and I hope what I provide here is at least a starting point for this map. I am new to making maps, specifically with this engine, so this is kind of a learning experience, this little project.

Update #2: Managed to fix the problem I had, wasn't too hard either! water is now under the bridge and even colored blue when going under water. I put some springs in the water, too, so it won't require drowning in order to get out as sonic. Might need to put some bubbles down there, though... I made an outer ring, and put a compass on the center part of the map. Hope y'all like how it looks so far!

Update #1: changed the layout of the map, thinking of making a circle around the center piece where one leads to the campaign (north), game modes (east), and other places that I might incorporate a currency system into. My problem so far, if you look at the 2 gifs in the drive folder, I do not know how to... well "fill up" the space under the bridge with water. I attempted to use tag 1 (the water) on the other control sector for the bridge, but that didn't seem to work, as it only filled up the inside of the bridge...

Map progress here.

Archived versions of map:

05/31/2018 (#1)
5/30/2018

Last edited by Magictub; 05-31-2018 at 11:48 PM. Reason: Update #2
Magictub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2018   #2
Lach
hop

Nice start! My only gripe so far is that the wall texture is a little too repetitive, I think. When you look at a large portion of it, the lines in the texture sort of fade away and it looks like a solid color. My first map initially had the same problem! Find something (or add something to the existing texture) that gives the wall some depth or contrast and I think you'll be in a solid place. I also think the indoor area needs to be made darker (or given a different wall texture)—for a while I couldn't even tell the entrance was visible in that first screenshot. Your idea is interesting and I'm looking forward to seeing more!
Lach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2018   #3
Magictub
Furry

Thanks a lot for the feedback! Unfortunately, I do have to go to sleep, but I will definitely keep this in mind for when I get back to work on it. I did start over, kind of, but it was only due to a layout change I wanted to do instead of a clunky looking tunnel system to different parts of the world. However, I just realized a fix for that weird lighting in places where it should be dark, so I'll be sure to make those fixes whenever I do make indoor places. Thanks, again!

I will try to post daily updates, if not, every other day.