Soundtrack update for SRB2

Status
Not open for further replies.

OnekiKai

Random Idiot
I got bored earlier today and re-did the "Boss Music." I'm not sure if I would classify it as a remix or a remaster. I was satisfied enough with the result to consider redoing most or all of the SRB2 soundtrack. Would this be of interest to SRB2 players?

I noticed in the rules that posting music is frowned upon so I want the idea to be cleared before I link the song I already did. I'm not to keen on getting in trouble on the first post. It's not new music or music ripped from elsewhere, just an enhancement of existing SRB2 music.

You are not allowed to release music files to the releases system, but I think showing some remade tunes in SRB2 Discussion won't be a problem. I might be wrong though.

The rule you mentioned is in place to prohibit the release of WADs that consist solely of music in the Releases section of the forums. Showing off remade tunes in Discussion is perfectly fine.

Last edited:
犬夜叉;667580 said:
The rule you mentioned is in place to prohibit the release of WADs that consist solely of music in the Releases section of the forums. Showing off remade tunes in Discussion is perfectly fine.

Providing it's your own music and not copyrighted content used without permission, of course. But in this case, it's fine.

I know I would be interested to hear any sort of musical remixes you might be constructing. Whether or not they'll be of use to SRB2 is another thing -- we're pretty much set when it comes to remixes -- but you've certainly piqued my curiosity.

Go ahead, the rule is against copyrighted stuff and music only WADs, a link to an mp3 of your stuff could donicely.

No opinions? I'm taking no feedback as negative, which means I'm not investing time in working on more if so.

Oh, it's a decent remix and all -- don't feel that our impression of your music should dictate whether you create more or not. Do it because you want to do it.

I'd certainly appreciate listening to other other musical works of yours -- the boss theme was never my favourite song.

I'm trying to think of something...
Are there any sites which you can upload music to and let others listen without downloading? That would be great if you made your own SRB2 Remix playlist.

Are there any sites which you can upload music to and let others listen without downloading? That would be great if you made your own SRB2 Remix playlist.

People tend to use YouTube for that.

I like it. I think you should consider making more, myself.

---------- Post added at 05:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:55 PM ----------

Newgrounds Audio, Youtube with a placeholder video.

Oh, it's a decent remix and all -- don't feel that our impression of your music should dictate whether you create more or not. Do it because you want to do it.

I'd certainly appreciate listening to other other musical works of yours -- the boss theme was never my favourite song.

Well, it's not that I don't want to do it: I just don't want to do it and no one have interest. It's that if there is significant interest I was going to buy some sample libraries (EIII and ASR).

I would like to remake the Arid Canyon (Old) revisions but I don't think the MIDIs for those are in the wads.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back