SRB2 Message Board  

Go Back   SRB2 Message Board > Archived > Outdated Releases (2.0.X) > Levels (2.0.X)

Lush Falls Zone (f_lushfalls.wad) Details »»
Lush Falls Zone (f_lushfalls.wad)
Developer Last Online: Jan 2017

Version: SRB2 Rating: (1 votes - 3.00 average)
Released: 08-04-2009 Last Update: Never Installs: 7
Multiplayer Levels

This is Lush Falls Zone, a CTF map of mine from 1.09.4 that I've ported over to 2.0. It is the third highest-ranking CTF map in all of the level design contests. It was both my first CTF map and also my very first level to be released to the public.

There is not much I can say about this map. Lush Falls Zone was based off a match map I had made around the same time, and aimed to be a bit more ambitious. I tried to create
an original visual style for the level, and I think that, at least for the time, I mostly succeeded. The thing placement isnít that great, and the trees are very cookie-cutterish, but besides those problems, I still can appreciate the geometry that is here. One of the stranger aspects of this level is that it isnít symmetrical, and although it might not always make for a balanced game, it can shake things up quite a bit.

In its transition from 1.09.4 to 2.0, Lush Falls Zone hasnít undergone many changes. There is a new sky, the new weapon and emerald systems have been implemented, and there are now team specific rings and monitors. The geometry that makes up the level is literally unchanged.

Enjoy!

Screenshots:

Download:http://sb.srb2.org/f_lushfalls.wad

(An extreme thanks goes to sb for hosting this wad for me.)

Show Your Support

• This addon may not be copied, reproduced or published elsewhere without the author's permission.

Comments
Old 08-04-2009   #2
Starbuck

The design seems a little limited, route option wise, and the music seems out of place for the actual theme of the map - a night time valley. The waterfalls should have water currents pushing players in to the central area, making it imperative to time the jumps between the rocks properly to pick up the rings. Otherwise, very nicely done map.
Old 08-05-2009   #3
Mirustal
Occasionally screaming.

Default I am Confused about something

I can't seem to download the level! a long code appears instead.
Old 08-05-2009   #4
Autosaver

Default Re: I am Confused about something

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirustal
I can't seem to download the level! a long code appears instead.
Right click and save as.
I'd rather have it uploaded on SRB2FFH...
Old 08-06-2009   #5
chase

Playing this map was great. It looked great. it was fun. But I do think it is too big.
Old 08-07-2009   #6
CobaltBW
I do things sometimes

Of course, we were playing a two-player CTF game, so naturally that didn't turn out so well.

Check out my soundcloud profile for music stuff
Old 08-08-2009   #7
chase

Yes but from what I saw from the map. Even if the server was full their wouldn't of been much fighting between people in between the bases.