• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

SRB2 Adventure DX *Demo*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its been weeks since I last worked on this.

YES I WILL EXPLAIN.

There were a lot of linedefs merged with sectors.

The maps thok barrier were ruined 10 times.

There are only 2 maps in this wad.

There are only 4 Story lines

Sonic
Tails
K.T.E.
???

Each character has there own seperate set of levels
(to avoid knux in sonic levels and tails in knux levels)

When a level is completed you are sent back to station square/mystic ruins/egg carrier/etc. or the next act.
(those areas are being worked on)

As I type this ECOAST2 is being made.

But its all fixed now.

Screens:

It took me 20 tries to make a perfect loop but I got it.
srb20078.png

srb20081.png

*WARNING! ADVISORY BEFORE PLAY!*

ECOAST1 IS SONIC'S LEVEL ONLY!
IF YOU USE K.T.E. OR TAILS
ALL LINEDEFS WILL BLOCK YOU!
EVEN THE STARTING POSITION
HAS A LINEDEF YOU CANT PASS!

Links:
http://www.savefile.com/files/1213327

http://www.sendspace.com/file/g7n3a1

NOTE: I'm releasing this to see if there are any bugs at all. The level works fine for me. But if here are any please tell me.

You tried to keep Tails and Knuckles out of ECoast, but they can still enter via Level Select, first of all.

Next, there is some redwall I have spotted.

srb2win2007112214041023ea6.jpg

Here.

srb2win2007112214042006jn9.jpg

And here.

It's a good start though.

Chaos said:
SA mods always fail because of lack of support, interest, or ideas.

Also the difficulty of control in SASRB2. You have a pain in the ass time trying to move whilst gliding if you are Knuckles, or any character with glide ability. And also flying with Tails with other characters with flying abilities, although the gliding is much more annoying, and harder to control.

Also why not just work on 1 mod, at 1 level at a time. This is probally the 6 - 7th mod that you've made. It gets busy once you build up projects continuously, and trying to do a lot of updates, which tire you out eventually.

It's pretty good, but the problem always with ports is proportion. Sometimes it's too huge, sometimes it's way too small, thats basically what this does. Other than that pretty good.

SuperSonic64 said:

Real SA/SADX doesn't do that >.>

HYPERKNUX said:
Also why not just work on 1 mod, at 1 level at a time. This is probally the 6 - 7th mod that you've made. It gets busy once you build up projects continuously, and trying to do a lot of updates, which tire you out eventually.

For the 9000th time.

I didn't make 7 mods and cancel them.

I made only 2.

This should be easier since I'm playing SA on my Dreamcast as I make this.

I didn't make 7 mods and cancel them.

I made only 2.

That still isn't the greatest track record, although it is better than, say, Shuffle (5+ halted mods).

This should be easier since I'm playing SA on my Dreamcast as I make this

That really makes no difference. Playing any game does not make it easier to mimic it.

This has been done several times, and some of those maps are so ancient it's not even funny. SRB2Xmas had Emerald Coast in it, and it was honestly a lot better than this, despite the lack of advanced techniques.
Ask yourself this. If someone who had only played Emerald Coast in Sonic Adventure once played this level without the level header, would they recognize it? Would they say "Oh yeah, it's that beach level! I remember this!" or "Huh... This seems kinda familiar but it doesn't ring any bells." when they played it? Judging by these screenshots, it seems to be the following.
- Too open.
- Too cramped.
- Badly textured.
- Water-running character paradise.
Levels from other games just don't work when ported to SRB2. However, if you feel the pressing need to do this, at least do it right. Make your own textures, make your own enemies, do whatever it takes. Just don't make it look like you've put no effort into it.

I saw an extreme amount of glitches. You can run through impassable walls (game glitch; use invisible fofs) strange textures appear as you run on the bridge, and the water sometimes runs off the map (the appearance of water that is). Also, underwater, at one part, you can see a water-floors. That's only the start.

There's an area with an invisible wall or something under the lighthouse near the emerald. If you go down there to get the emerald and walk around in the middle with the camera facing back towards the killer whale walkway you should see what I mean. I'd show you but my screenshots are coming out really messed up and you wouldn't even be able to discern what's going on in it.

May I suggest you take the Emerald Coast textures from SRB2 demo .96?A.K.A. the Christmas demo.

Judging from the screenshots, I can probably make the assumtion that Digiku's Emerald Coast level is better than this.

sonicfreak94 said:
It's pretty good, but the problem always with ports is proportion. Sometimes it's too huge, sometimes it's way too small, thats basically what this does. Other than that pretty good.

SuperSonic64 said:

Real SA/SADX doesn't do that >.>
This doesn't even do that.

tailsmastermind said:
SuperSonic64 said:
There are only 4 Story lines

Sonic
Tails
K.T.E.
SuperSonic
Who wants to bet that's the last story line?
Then again, this will most likely get canceled so...

Wrong.

Super Sonic is the final storyline.

Can you guess who the final boss is?

No. you'll see when its done.

Plus this isn't going to be canceled either.

Like I said, this should be the easiest modification to do.

edit: STARPOLE!
spole1.jpg

spole2.jpg

This project tastes like marmite. On fire. While listening to Cher. *Railed for being with the SRB2F project*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back