Hadal Trench Zone (kr_HadalTrench_v1.wad)

Nintensis

Now known as "Ninferno"
Journey to the bottom of the Ocean!

qutUpCF.jpg

Descent into the ocean in this new rally map! Shout outs to Snu for helping me improve visuals and making this monstrosity of a minimap and Revan for giving me permission to use his skybox. (I'm aware of why the minimap was such a pain to make but this map is a remastered version of my unreleased 2.0 kart Hadal Trench which was obviously made without the intent of making a minimap)

uhGv654.jpg

This should go without saying but this map is unsupported for Wipezones.(unfortunately) Hope you enjoy, happy karting.

z3fs0mw.gif

Attachments

• srb2kart_t4V9NNIcWb.jpg
    srb2kart_t4V9NNIcWb.jpg
    206.7 KB · Views: 282
  • srb2kart_TkW7k5IVEt.jpg
    srb2kart_TkW7k5IVEt.jpg
    174.5 KB · Views: 279
  • srb2kart_XxBefdPed8.jpg
    srb2kart_XxBefdPed8.jpg
    204.2 KB · Views: 265
  • srb2kart_tGVB5frSMM.jpg
    srb2kart_tGVB5frSMM.jpg
    188.4 KB · Views: 238
  • srb2kart_RSH3trIZEP.jpg
    srb2kart_RSH3trIZEP.jpg
    169.5 KB · Views: 263
  • kart0015.gif
    kart0015.gif
    7.3 MB · Views: 253
  • kr_HadalTrench_v1.zip
    2.4 MB · Views: 565
Last edited:
Welcome to releases! If you need to refer back to Pv2's advice, I got it screencapped for you, just say the word.

Welcome to releases! If you need to refer back to Pv2's advice, I got it screencapped for you, just say the word.
Or I could just repost it, since why not. :v

Fairly simple textures and a bit laggy here and there (especially at the last part where you're driving towards the beach, and the start of the track was noticeably worse than the rest of the level as well), but the nice use of glow and overall level geometry was pleasing to the eye. I can't say how it'll go down in multiplayer as I was just farting around in free play, but it was fairly fun to drive through as well - but I'd be careful about jumps that go over previous parts of the track. There's one early on that doesn't reset you if you take the ramp crooked and fall below, and the time loss for doing so might be more punishing than you intended.

Some stuff you use for decoration suffers from a really nasty amount of detail loss under the colormap you're using though. The detail loss differs very clearly between levels of camera fog - in particular the translucent midtextures around boost pads are sometimes only visible when you get right up next to them, and stalagmites which have clear shading while far away sometimes become flat single-color silhouettes of themselves when you get close. You may want to consider adjusting either the impacted graphics (level of translucency on the midtextures in particular, since those serve a gameplay purpose), or adjusting the colormap to see if you can mitigate that issue.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back