SRB2 Message Board  

Go Back   SRB2 Message Board > Sonic Robo Blast 2 > SRB2 Discussion

Old 04-06-2010   #1
OnekiKai
Random Idiot
Default Soundtrack update for SRB2

I got bored earlier today and re-did the "Boss Music." I'm not sure if I would classify it as a remix or a remaster. I was satisfied enough with the result to consider redoing most or all of the SRB2 soundtrack. Would this be of interest to SRB2 players?

I noticed in the rules that posting music is frowned upon so I want the idea to be cleared before I link the song I already did. I'm not to keen on getting in trouble on the first post. It's not new music or music ripped from elsewhere, just an enhancement of existing SRB2 music.
OnekiKai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010   #2
MascaraSnake
aka SpiritCrusher

You are not allowed to release music files to the releases system, but I think showing some remade tunes in SRB2 Discussion won't be a problem. I might be wrong though.
MascaraSnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010   #3
K.S.
Formerly Inuyasha
Retired Staff

The rule you mentioned is in place to prohibit the release of WADs that consist solely of music in the Releases section of the forums. Showing off remade tunes in Discussion is perfectly fine.

Last edited by K.S.; 04-06-2010 at 07:48 AM. Reason: reworded
K.S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010   #4
Cue
ALAM STOP BREAKING THE S

Quote:
Originally Posted by 犬夜叉 View Post
The rule you mentioned is in place to prohibit the release of WADs that consist solely of music in the Releases section of the forums. Showing off remade tunes in Discussion is perfectly fine.
Providing it's your own music and not copyrighted content used without permission, of course. But in this case, it's fine.
<@Mystic> That's a good idea, Cue.
Cue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010   #5
Spazzo
Permanently Banned

I know I would be interested to hear any sort of musical remixes you might be constructing. Whether or not they'll be of use to SRB2 is another thing -- we're pretty much set when it comes to remixes -- but you've certainly piqued my curiosity.
Spazzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010   #6
Arf

Go ahead, the rule is against copyrighted stuff and music only WADs, a link to an mp3 of your stuff could donicely.
Arf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010   #7
OnekiKai
Random Idiot

http://www.box.net/shared/v7rkyf8v44

"Boss Music" remastered. If there's enough interest I'll work on others in my spare time.
Old 04-07-2010   #8
OnekiKai
Random Idiot

No opinions? I'm taking no feedback as negative, which means I'm not investing time in working on more if so.
Old 04-07-2010   #9
Spazzo
Permanently Banned

Oh, it's a decent remix and all -- don't feel that our impression of your music should dictate whether you create more or not. Do it because you want to do it.

I'd certainly appreciate listening to other other musical works of yours -- the boss theme was never my favourite song.
Spazzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010   #10
Srb2kirbyo
Goes by Kirboy in netgames

Hmm,Very nice! I too would like to hear more of your remixes.
[Lumo]my ipod is flawle-
-----
[Lumo] Sorry ipod froze there.
Srb2kirbyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010   #11
Autosaver

I'm trying to think of something...
Are there any sites which you can upload music to and let others listen without downloading? That would be great if you made your own SRB2 Remix playlist.
Autosaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010   #12
J-town
aka Cirom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autosaver View Post
Are there any sites which you can upload music to and let others listen without downloading? That would be great if you made your own SRB2 Remix playlist.
People tend to use YouTube for that.
Old 04-07-2010   #13
Simsmagic
i 2 i

I like it. I think you should consider making more, myself.

---------- Post added at 05:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:55 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autosaver View Post
Newgrounds Audio, Youtube with a placeholder video.
Simsmagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010   #14
Autosaver

http://soundcloud.com/bigthecat

Soundcloud.com

Bigthecat hosted the Sonic 4 music, and used this website. All the music was on 1-2 pages and you could play and stop the music anytime.

No need for downloading or a whole bunch of youtube videos.
Autosaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010   #15
OnekiKai
Random Idiot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spazzo View Post
Oh, it's a decent remix and all -- don't feel that our impression of your music should dictate whether you create more or not. Do it because you want to do it.

I'd certainly appreciate listening to other other musical works of yours -- the boss theme was never my favourite song.
Well, it's not that I don't want to do it: I just don't want to do it and no one have interest. It's that if there is significant interest I was going to buy some sample libraries (EIII and ASR).

I would like to remake the Arid Canyon (Old) revisions but I don't think the MIDIs for those are in the wads.