SRB2 Message Board  

Go Back   SRB2 Message Board > Sonic Robo Blast 2 > SRB2 Discussion

Old 08-13-2009   #21
tailsmastermind
Does time attack too much

Also like to point out I looked through some of the comments to that and
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMysticSonic
Actually, I didn`t consider it my own work. The exe is Eggman891`s, as said in both description and in the credits of the readme. The SRB2 2.0 exe will probably be by me alone, however, unless stated otherwise in the credits.
Also, it seems everyone dislikes him because the wad is overpowered. I loved the wad when I first started playing, because it was my first step to adjusting to playing as Sonic. While now I never use him, I think being overpowered can be good for newbies to help them handle things better. And if I remember correctly, one of his wads actually powered up a lot of robots in-game to decrease the over-powered SMS.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J1k4v...eature=related
ERZ2 in 3:47.74.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HdXgMLsptYc
Who says race is a thokfest?
tailsmastermind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009   #22
Sonic Destiny
dealer of Retribution.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Link Mah Boi View Post
Ok, SMSBlast Sucks, The Boost thing is just a cheap affect in fraps, its all a joke.
The boost was very much real, just not the effect that surrounds sms. But the Boost itself is real its under special ability.
Sonic Destiny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009   #23
Scizor300
footure semen

Eggmanfan can't make anything above sub-par sprites, but he can code an EXE.

I call plagarism.

<+Scizor300> i got kicked from #srb2fun from enraging rob with terrible christmas songs
<+Scizor300> my life is complete
sciz 4 stjr: i'm gonna make america cool again
Scizor300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009   #24
Blacklightning
Insane Idealist

Spriting and coding are two completely different fields, dear. A coder is nowhere near being an artist by default - something I can personally attest to. Now, I'll be the first to admit I know almost nothing of the guy and what he did, but being a bad spriter certaintly isn't something I'd consider proof of, of all things, code theft.
Blacklightning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009   #25
Spazzo
Permanently Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scizor300 View Post

I call plagarism.

What? Plagarism is the stealing of someone's work and calling it your own. Super Mystic Sonic is crediting Eggmanfan with coding the EXE for SMSBlast. If he didn't make it, it's miscrediting someone, not plagarising.
Spazzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009   #26
CobaltBW
I do things sometimes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Warrior View Post
To dig up a Youtube PM he sent me...
Quote:
As said in the SMSunleashed readme, Eggman891 made this exe, because I'm not so superskilled at coding myself. (Got his permission to release, by the way)
Are we talking about the same person here?

Check out my soundcloud profile for music stuff
CobaltBW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009   #27
Link Mah Boi
(actually hyperson)

Im afraid we are.
Old 08-14-2009   #28
Autosaver

Quote:
Originally Posted by tailsmastermind View Post
Also like to point out I looked through some of the comments to that and

Also, it seems everyone dislikes him because the wad is overpowered. I loved the wad when I first started playing, because it was my first step to adjusting to playing as Sonic. While now I never use him, I think being overpowered can be good for newbies to help them handle things better. And if I remember correctly, one of his wads actually powered up a lot of robots in-game to decrease the over-powered SMS.
If you call making a timer soc(Making enemys faster) which is hated by most members here. Making it more challenging. Then I guess so. But it doesn't really make it harder, it just makes it annoying.

Quote:
What? Plagarism is the stealing of someone's work and calling it your own. Super Mystic Sonic is crediting Eggmanfan with coding the EXE for SMSBlast. If he didn't make it, it's miscrediting someone, not plagarising.
I think hes talking about Eggman.
Autosaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009   #29
Penopat
dispenser erection

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spazzo View Post
He's hinting that eggmanfan, which he views as barely being competent enough to make decent sprites (and thus blindly assuming that he probably can't code for junk), probably didn't exactly create all the code in the .exe as his own and may have 'retrieved' it from another source whilst claiming as his own.
I personally don't know or care. Simple modifications to the source are a lot easier than most people think, honestly.

What's the appeal in this modification, anyways? A mediocre boost ability isn't that amazing, while it probably shouldn't be too hard to port either... Let's just jack up maxmove :)
Ok... Normaly, I would give a complement on something EVEN if it was TERRIBEL!!! And I hope I dont hurt your feelings or anything because I am not trying to be mean, but... THIS LEVEL IS TERRIBAL + !!!!!!!!
I sure wish my MB name was changed to Penopat...
Penopat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009   #30
Cue
ALAM STOP BREAKING THE S

I can't sprite either, but I can code alright.
<@Mystic> That's a good idea, Cue.
Cue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009   #31
FSX
cheap spirit

The shield switch would be nice, and honestly, the boost might be too, if they were made balanced.

Knowing SMS, they weren't.
FSX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009   #32
Naga
True liar.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scizor300 View Post

I call plagarism.
You're comparing knowledge of programming to skill in sprite art? Seriously? It's like saying someone "can't ride a bike, but can compose a piece of high quality music - I call plagiarism."

Silly.

Anyway...

SMS made an exe?
Old 08-20-2009   #33
chase

No. SMS did not make the exe. His friend Eggman891 coded it and was supposed to be PRIVATE.
chase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009   #34
Sky The Destroyer

But he said that for 2.0 he's gonna make a EXE HIMSELF.
Sky The Destroyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2009   #35
Super mystic sonic
The Golden Blur

Guys. I credited Eggman891(NOT Eggmanfan) in both readme, Youtube description, and the comments that claimed I took it as my own. True, at first I took him wrong and DID upload it without permission, thinking I DID have it. But we talked later and I'd remove the exe from upload for him if he would NOT give the permission. But he did, and credit IS given.

As for the next exe...honestly, I don't know how well I'll be able to. I told people I'd give it a shot, but I won't be promising a thing. If it does, then this version at least will contain a different version number, as I forgot to previous time. Couldn't compile it previous time due to errors as soon as I found out, and I didn't want to go trough the trouble if 2.0 would be there in a few weeks anyways.

But yeah...it's basically a discussion about a MIGHT-come thing, nothing to get hyped up about in a positive or negative way.