SRB2 Message Board  

Go Back   SRB2 Message Board > Archived > Outdated Releases (2.0.X) > Levels (2.0.X)

Melting Glacier Zone (scr_meltingglacier.wad) Details »»
Melting Glacier Zone (scr_meltingglacier.wad)
Developer Last Online: Mar 2019

Version: SRB2 Rating: (8 votes - 3.75 average)
Released: 08-10-2009 Last Update: Never Installs: 12
Single Player Levels

Melting Glacier zone is my first Single Player level. It's actually sort of a short level, But I mostly made this to get a little more familiar with how to make levels on SRB2DB, so that any other levels I might make are much better, and so I don't have such a hard time figuring out how to work things.

Well, enjoy. Here's a download link.
http://srb2ffh.supersanctuary.net/59...ingglacier.wad

Show Your Support

• This addon may not be copied, reproduced or published elsewhere without the author's permission.

Comments
Old 08-11-2009   #2
Eblo

Looks beautiful judging from the screenshots. I'll review it as soon as I download and play it.

EDIT 12/20/12: I finally played it. Here's my review:

69/10
wow man this level is great thank man jellybones its B-E-A-U-tiful and also realistic graphics too bad there fucken camping dicklickers in match mode

Last edited by Eblo; 12-20-2012 at 11:30 PM.
Old 08-11-2009   #3
Daywalker
The Daily Browser

I have been waiting for this level to be finished! About to play this right now.

Last edited by Daywalker; 08-11-2009 at 05:02 AM. Reason: I am no longer need the edit I thought I needed to give a review of the level.
Old 08-11-2009   #4
:SonicMaster:
<0>_<0>

Pretty average. Needs more paths. I quite liked the placement of the Detons, though, as I only got hit by one solely due to my mistake.
Old 08-11-2009   #5
Daywalker
The Daily Browser

SonicMaster is exactly right. I liked the level for the most part but the parts after the Detons seemed dull. It could use some more mechanics like strong currents, powerful waterfalls that push you away,and rising water to give a bit more of a feeling of being in a melting glacier, even in the beggining of the level. As for the boss, I do not know if you plan on making another act or not due to it saying act 1 ,but instead of putting the boss there you could add more to the level probably a path that leads to parts that go lower or higher inside the level.
Old 08-11-2009   #6
BlueZero4

For your first single player level, it's a very strong start.

That said, the neo-skims are fairly annoying when there isn't a vantage point nearby to destroy them. It wouldn't be a problem, except they make getting an air bubble difficult.
Old 08-12-2009   #7
Autosaver

It was a pretty good level. Though, I think you should add more checkpoints. And you know that underwater house? Maybe put a invincibility or speed shoes inside. So it doesn't look like a useless room.
Old 08-12-2009   #8
Jellybones
Lawful Neutral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autosaver View Post
It was a pretty good level. Though, I think you should add more checkpoints. And you know that underwater house? Maybe put a invincibility or speed shoes inside. So it doesn't look like a useless room.

Look in it more, there is something inside it.
Old 08-13-2009   #9
Autosaver

Yeah a cha-shot

Hum, I'll look again.
Old 08-13-2009   #10
Sergeant Brown
An Eggman Fan

8,5/10. This is a very good start, though you could take one of these unidus-like enemies: two on a same platform is quite mean.
Old 08-13-2009   #11
D00D64
Worst Ranked 'Kart Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brown the dog View Post
You could take one of these unidus-like enemies: two on a same platform is quite mean.
Jump.

10enemieseasytopass

My awful Twitter account

My also awful YouTube channel
Old 08-13-2009   #12
supersonic45
not a loli i swear

It was meh. All I can say is to put more carefulness in where you put your rings and air bubbles, as they were very rare. I applaud you on the boss at the end. Sure, I've seen it before in another mod/level pack, but I really think more maps should have a boss like this if they're going to use the GFZ boss.
Old 08-13-2009   #13
Sergeant Brown
An Eggman Fan

It would actually be better if you putted DSZ boss in here, as not only makes, maybe, more sense, but will also be better since GFZ boss is overused. Oh, and nice thing there for adding a turret.
Old 08-14-2009   #14
Whackjood
The unreliable joodge
Judge

Regarding the boss at the end, due to the size of the arena it's possible to out-range the turret and Robotnik can escape the arena. I think the arena could use shrinking and either block the exit with a linedef that forgets his escape or cause the entrance to collapse behind you as you enter.
Old 08-14-2009   #15
Metal96
spaghetti coder

Pretty good... Actually, very good.

I liked this a lot. Just needs more starposts, a smaller boss arena, and a closing door there<<or something.

Last edited by Metal96; 08-14-2009 at 10:49 PM.