Movecount and threshold values for SOCs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

742mph

My work is never done yet
What are they exactly, and how do I set them? Can they be controlled by an Action, or are they inherent properties of an Object that can't be specifically set?

The latter. Some actions use them to store relevant information, but you can't (and don't need to) change them yourself. I don't know the specifics either.

Ah. Well, the reason I asked is because I want to create a custom object that uses A_ToggleFlameJet as an attack, but those two values are what determines the length of time the jet is on/off. Should I just assume the game ignores that for custom objects and uses the duration of the state instead?

'movecount' and 'threshold' are just temporary variables - they may as well just be called 'tempvar1' and 'tempvar2'. You can use them, but you also need to be sure that no place else in the code is also using them on your object. :) Fun stuff.

Ah. Well, the reason I asked is because I want to create a custom object that uses A_ToggleFlameJet as an attack, but those two values are what determines the length of time the jet is on/off. Should I just assume the game ignores that for custom objects and uses the duration of the state instead?

Yeah, that's right. The "threshold" and "movecount" values are reserved for use by the Flame Jets themselves, so they can set the on/off times by their angles instead of the state durations.

You can use them

...what, but how? As far as I've been aware through browsing through the source, I'm pretty sure those things can't be directly controlled through SOCs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back