Quicksand causes LAGFEST

Status
Not open for further replies.

Charybdizs

>WTB lamp oil
Administrator
Kart Krew™️
I'm making a map situated in a swamp. I needed, obviously, some swamp muck. So, I made a big quicksand block over the floor of the one room, and, to my horror, it made the framerate drop like a rock. Is this usual? I kind of NEED the muck there, or it defeats the whole purpose of the level... I have no clue why it would happen, the framerate was fine before, even with two massive FOF rope bridges like the one in Snowcap Nimbus...
No, I didn't copy paste them.

If you turn the quicksand block into a regular FOF, does lagfest still prevail?

Hmm... Yes it still does.

Here's a question... If you tag something as -1, and it places, for this example, muck everywhere, does it count each sector it puts muck in as an FOF, or is it just one big FOF? Cause if it's the former, that would mean there's a LOT of muck FOF's in the pit alone, due to the rope bridges sectors over it.

It counts as one big giant FOF, across all the sectors of your level. Are you sure that's what you want to do? :\

No, it's just temporary right now, when It's finished I'll assign it to every individual sector where I want it, but I figure if it lags now, in a fairly small room, it will lag later too...

So, I tried doing what I said in the above post, and it still lags. Not just a little bit, I mean like 30/35 framerate drop at times!
ffffuuuu.jpg

Would it help if I sent someone the wad so they could look at it?

You could try setting up a custom FOF with quicksand and no sides properties.

(Whatever the technical terms are.)

Nah, it's not a massively huge map, it's actually rather small...

Yeah, that might help.

Did that mean you want me to send you it? I'm just clarifying, because I feel like it'd be too forward of me to bother THE SSNTails! XD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back