Firestorm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scarbo the Black Sheep

Furry Composer
http://srb2ffh.supersanctuary.net/266r_firestorm.wad

This is a Circuit level I made called Firestorm. Because this map is so huge, I put two finish lines (making sure no one can cheat, either) to make sure this level doesn't drag on forever in a 4-lap race. Falling in the lava will usually result in being pushed outwards by an upwards current. I recommend not falling in, as the upwards current doesn't guarantee that you won't die.

Screens by Silent_Snipe moved up here for convenience:

Heh. I liked the idea of multible finish lines (not what it sounds like) and using Wind/Current to push you out of the lava if you get stuck in it.

Fire Storm was meant to flow well but be anti-thok. By the way, if you didn't know, you can blast through the first two sharp turns at full speed by straferunning. :D

SRB2WikiSonicMaster said:
By the way, if you didn't know, you can blast through the first two sharp turns at full speed by straferunning. :D

I did know that, thanks to my new control scheme.

I see. I tried it thoking because that's usually how I play races, cause everyone else does it. In that case, your anti-thok thing works pretty well.

I'll try the strafe thing.

Some people won't download without screens because they might not know if it's good or not unless you do (despite the fact that this level made it here). I'm sure plenty of signs of good/bad level design can be found through just a screen of the level.

So get on with showing us some screens please, SRB2WikiSonicMaster. I'm not downloading without screens either.

Downloading does not take much effort. Plus, it's the only true way you can tell if it's good or not.

EDIT: I also am not allowed (by Mom) to go on free image hosting sites. That means that I am not allowed to upload images either.

SRB2WikiSonicMaster said:
Downloading does not take much effort. Plus, it's the only true way you can tell if it's good or not.

EDIT: I also am not allowed (by Mom) to go on free image hosting sites. That means that I am not allowed to upload images either.

But it takes effort to download a wad, save it to your SRB2 folder, load up SRB2, use addfile and look around. Many people don't bother with that since they don't know if it'll actually be worth their time to do so, which is why screenshots are useful.

I tried the level,but I hate getting stuck in the corner for 15 secs.>:(

Also when releasing your wads,ask someone to screen shots for you.
Problem solved - More downloading(?)

I guess i could take some screen shots and post them up.

EDIT = here you go

Overview, its ok, i like what you did with the zoom-tubes but i dislike how the lava springs you back up. I gathered that this is a race level but you have it as map01 which will mess-up coop mode.

Urm... Could you upload this level WAD to Sendspace please?

SRB2FFH doesn't seem to be working for me. I typed in the code, clicked the link, and it always seems to go to the same page asking for another code! Not even pressing Ctrl works anymore! (I blame Internet Explorer 7, as I never seemed to like it... This problem never happened when I had Version 6)

By looking at the screenshots. It does look a bit flat & bland, and really open in some of the places in the stage. I'll give you the rest of the feedback when I play it later.

Funny how I totally can't see that because Youtube is blocked on my computer. It was meant to be anti-thok, but yeah, I can thok quite a bit in the stage. The thok rate's just noticeably lower than that in the official stages.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back