How do you make quicksand?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm trying to make a small desert map and when I try to make quicksand,nothing works.Anyone willing to tell me exactly what to do?

I see>.>Then FOF in general please.I tried reading the Wadauthor tutorial on the page and the SRB2 Wiki article.Didn't understand much.

Yes....I'm THAT stupid -_-

Make a sector OUTSIDE the map. (This is called the control sector.) Set the heights of the sector to the attributes of your (quicksand) FOF you want. Same for textures and flats. Pick a lindef to set more attributes. Set the lendef type (or something) to 56, this should be quicksand. Then pick an unused sector tag for your LINEDEF of your control sector. Than tag all your quicksand textures the same thing.

Now that I've held your hand, PLEASE reread the tutorials if you still don't get it.

Kay.Thanks.Let's hope I can get it.

edit:The area I try remains a death pit.Die instant you touch it.Not only that,but instead of standard sand for the ground,it turns red>.>

Edit2:Fixed the floors.Just gotta get the quicksand to be quicksand.

The X/Y lengths is the distance between the vertexes that make up the quicksand linedef, for instance:
Code:
_1_|_|_|_
_|_|_2_|_
_|_|_|_|_
 | | | |
If the bottom of the 1 was the first vertex, and the bottom of the 2 was the second, the linedef would have an X length of 2, and a Y length of 1.

Guys, the linedef pages on the Wiki aren't that ready for primetime. The sector pages are getting there, but the linedef pages aren't. I wouldn't bet my money on the linedef pages just yet. It's not magic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back