Help with the Wii Homebrew Channel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

_Manic_

I need help with this. Nothing seems to load up, and the SNES emulator I put on it won't appear. Would anyone happen to think or know why?

I put the emulator in the correct folder, renaming it after itself, and the roms are in the root directory of the SD card.. I've formatted it to be FAT16, as well.
When I load things, such as Wii64 or the Tetris thing.. It stays blank, and does not load at all.

If you didn't update, then I don't know what to tell you; someone else who's into Wii homebrew can be of more assistance than I am. You can try rewriting the files again to see if that helps...

I bet Nintendo is going to put this update in one of their games. For example there is this game you REALLY want that is made by Nintendo. You also use the Twilight Hack. But if you buy and play the game you have to install it any so...bye bye Twilight Hack?

Any program that is placed on the root of the SD card, with the file-name "boot.elf", will run.

Did you name it that?
Honestly I just threw something from the wiki into here.
So sadly Im clueless.

OK, do you have the snes9x.elf etc renamed as boot.elf in its respective folder such as /apps/SNES? (you can name it whatever you want) Plus, the SNES roms need to go into a /snes9x/roms folder and the save files go under /snes9x/save.
As for Wii64 put the roms into a folder called /n64roms and the saves into /n64saves.
I haven't gotten to try the hbc yet, so I don't know if you need a meta.xml or not. The wii64 homebrew should have an example of one. This would also be stored in the same folder as boot.elf for each program.

Orangelink said:
Not "Bye-Bye twilight hack". Programmers found a way around it with a modified version of the save.

Check your wii saves. Twilight hack is gone from it :/.

SilverESP said:
Orangelink said:
Not "Bye-Bye twilight hack". Programmers found a way around it with a modified version of the save.

Check your wii saves. Twilight hack is gone from it :/.
Not really.. as Orangelink said, two bugs were found in Nintendo's code so a modified Twilight Hack save will work.

I know that.

Theres a way around that to get it to work again.

But my point is if anyone updated, Twilight hack was Removed from their Wii saves completely.

The Wii Message Board said:
This update will also will scan and remove any modified game saves that will temper with game play.

This quote is what made my day when I saw that.

What version are us using? in Version 0.1.1 reading/writing to/from the Front SD slot is broken, but you use use one of the bulids based off the upcoming version 0.1.2, such as LoPsT's build, that works fine.

The newest version. I.. Actually fixed it. Any Gamecube Cards in the slots makes it stay at 0% x.X
But Wii64 is the only odd one. It loads the intro, but after it loads to a black screen. I'll try to figure that one out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back