WadAuthor Zone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Senku Niola

Drifting Golden Swordsman
Ok first off this level was made from boredom, and though it would be fun to make anyways (Originally WadAuthor.wad). Which would be this level: http://www.freewebtown.com/Nitemare/mt_WA-CloverCliffs.wad

Screenshot:
srb20007-1.png

Anyways, the thing is I used another wad I made, which would be WadAuthor.wad which I made a bit before I started Clover Cliffs, as i said above. This wad (WadAuthor.wad) I made for people to their own choice to edit, and/or post the result level here.

The only thing about editing it and posting it here is I have a few rules I would like to see if you choose to do the editing at all, if you don't want to edit it, it's fine by me. http://www.freewebtown.com/Nitemare/WadAuthor.wad

Screenshot: ... Take a look at Clover Cliffs and remove all the sectors, plus make the level about 5X or so as big.

Anyways the rules would be:

1. You can't make the thok barrier any bigger, you may make it smaller though, and any shape you like, but no stretching it bigger than it started as. (This rule is to see how creative you can be, also it's what I had to work with, since it was my max Wad author resolution, minus 192 for room for some control sectors for me, even though I myself shrunk the level if you look at it in WadAuthor, anyways to rule 2)

2. You have to keep the sky as PIT the thok barrier walls as ~PIT and any floor that is at the height of 0 or below to WAFLR. (Take a look at Clover Cliffs and you'll see.) Also DON'T delete the little grey + thing, it's part of WA after all, you may move it anywhere you want though.

3. When you make a header make sure you include #Name's WadAuthor level edit, give the level an actual name, and the file name should include <s,c,r,m,t,f>_WALevelname.wad (It would be good for organization).

4. Have fun, and be as creative as possible. It can be any gametype you want.

Other than that, all four rules have been said go have fun with Clover Cliffs and/or go edit WadAuthor.wad or something. Also this wouldn't be concidered requesting a wad since one I gave a level I made along with it and two I said you may or may not do it, I never said "DO THIS WAD NOW OR ELSE! LOL." Now I gotta get back to work on Senya.wad *zooms off*

Don't you want to advertize this as being a fun thing to play as in netgames too? That's kind-of confusing. I mean, why make a map that's not fun to play with?

Uhm, quick question:

Do you mind if I use a balck sky instead of PIT for the walls? I'd just construct the thok barrier so that it's an open air level and such.

Also, did you forget to tell us to use Wad Author to make this?

What's the point of this...? I use Wad Author all the time, it's no biggie.

Is this some sort of unofficial contest?

Edit: Oh! Hehe, clever. I might do a map, but I'm already busy on something...

Is wad author better than doom builder.

I use doom builder right now I want to know If wad author is better before I download it.

BlueZero4 said:
Doom Builder is easier to use than Wad Author, Woodstock.

That's only an opinion, not a fact. In my opinion, Wad Author is the better choice.

Woodstock, just try both, and see for yourself.

BlueZero4 said:
Stitch vertices is the deciding vote, Segmint.

Simplicity ftw, BZ. Anyway, it doesn't matter which is better (Wad Author). You can use anything, I suppose, as long as you can use it properly.

BlueZero4 said:
Uhm, quick question:

Do you mind if I use a balck sky instead of PIT for the walls? I'd just construct the thok barrier so that it's an open air level and such.

Also, did you forget to tell us to use Wad Author to make this?

You dont need to use WadAuthor, just the wad called WadAuthor. :P Also about the sky thing, uh... as long as the sky is pure black. Oh wait, 4th rule posted in the first post, I knew I forgot one. I added it just for organization and such. And last but not least the map doesn't have to be match, like I said in the first post, be creative. You can even add custom junk if you want.

I'm currently making a port of GFZ into this, except expanded upon and able to be used in all variations of multiplayer.

Dun forget the rules on pages 1. If GFZ doesn't fit I guess it's alright since it isnt really a map made by you.

Actually, GFZ fits perfectly in it. I'm just fixing all the bugs right now, then I'm going to add CTF, Tag, and Match Support.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back