The training room

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sasa

Hi. Here is the training room.

It has small rooms, and on end of them the teleports. In first one you have 2 of them: left and right. You choose which one will you go in. Those are 2 different ways. It has 2 new enemies:

Fireball launcher
F006A2A8.jpg

It launches fireballs, and they explode when they hit something. This Fireball launcher is invincible, and it can't chase you forever (just your luck).

Spiky
F004A0.jpg

He just chases you and he is invincible.

Now the level screen:

srb20086.png

Download Link

I havn't tried the level yet, but by the look of th sprites, they look really good, but they are missing shading. *dowloads level*

Honestly, this level is just atrocious. You tried to convey a challenging level, but you added in elements that can lead (and do lead to) cheap hits, cheap deaths, and it equates into an overall unenjoyable experience, even for the experienced, skilled player.

This needs work, remove some of the traps (the ones that you can't see coming), and this'll be a bit better, IMO.

After reading the above comment, as well as seeing the screens, I was quite surprised. I quite enjoyed this level, despite it having quite a few flaws. You need to remove the cheapness, and it should end up harder, as well.

Fighting Jetty-Syns over a narrow walkway makes it cheaper, not harder. In that room, though, I did like the idea of thokking into the spring to make it up to the teleporter.

Extending the second room's enjoyable gimmick to the length detracted from the level >_< It didn't make the level harder at all.

I'd rather not fight a boss as my fifth challenge. How about something else?

The second room in the left path, crumbling platforms and lasers, was not bad. I ended up missing the teleporter, since I couldn't see I had to jump.

The third room in the left path, continuously falling sectors, was not a good idea at all.

I was thinking of a concept like this, actually, and this level proves that the concept can be quite fun. I give it a 6/10.

Well...I won the level by both ways(Woot!)But Sasa...Your levels went to good, To bad in one shot.
Gameplay:
How can i explain this?It's almost a thokfest...
Feeling in the level:
I was feeling preapered and as soon as i watched...A million of enemies to attack me!!I just went to the 1st teleport i watched and i got hurt when i got to the Teleport Destination...At the end of the hallway there were 2 teleporters...
Left teleporter, FOPs and insta-kill rays...Room 1:0/10
This path was very cramped...Almost all the FOFs were crumbling FOFs...I got fast to the final FOF where i found more of the insta-kill rays...Finally...I got to the teleporter that leads to the 3rd room.
Right teleporter, Crushers and hidden appearing-and-dissapearing pits...Room 2:1/10
As soon as i get here i watch the crushers and 5 seconds after appear some plattaforms that are pits...I go carefully and try to not get crushed or to stand on the pits...After a while of avoiding i said"SCREW THIS!!!!"And i went thoking...It was very dangreous...Luckily, I got to the teleporter that leads to room 4...
After being teleported from room 1...Falling FOFs and some spikies...Room 3:0/10
This part was harder than i though...I watched the spikies and the Falling FOFs...This was very dangreous...I just thoked avoiding everythign at my coast...Luckily...I got to the teleporter that leads to room 5.
After being teleported from room 2...Acid lake, Jetty-Syn gunners and a little pathway to not get hurt by the acid...Room 4:1/10
The road to the spring is too small for my taste...The Jetty-Syn gunners make you fall easily...It was very hard to get to the spring...When i got there i got a little surprise...The teleporter plattaform was a little far and it was a bit hard to get there...When i got there i got teleported to room 5.

A turret/Fireball launcher and a way...Meanwhile most of the space was in fire...Room 5:2/10
This room is confusing to me...I got trough the way...And i found a button...I pressed it and i though it made something in a FOF i watched...I went abck to where the button was and i found that the button oppens the door where the Final teleporter is!I went to the teleporter and went to the worst room of all

Boss and some enemies...Final room:0/10
This is like my easyboss.wad only without the tokens and without the emeralds...And some enemies...I killed the boss and...Level over...

Total score:4/60
This was worst than Fawfulfan's level pack...(That is unplayable for me...)

Maybe a bit TOO hard.

I like the right path most, because the left path felt nearly impossible >_>

You should have made a bigger walkway when going around the lazers (on the left path), bcause you need to avoid it really fast and get to theother platform before that one falls. The seond lazer platform wasn't much harder, but still was (I kinda cheated with knuckles... lol). Also, the room after the "Ray Room", was also vey hard. the pices falling from the roof weren't really THAT hard, but the spiky's kept messing me up, and i got about 3 game overs inthat room >_>

Now for the right path:

The right path was kinda fun. I liked the first room, as you needed to dodge the falling walls, and the Electric-things (I don't know what they are), but after you found their pattern, it was a bit too easy. The "Acid Room" was also pretty hard, because there was quiet a lot of enemies, and a very small path. I had some troubles there at first, but I managed to beat it after 1 try lol.

Now for the 3rd room of both sides:

It's wasn't all THAT hard (especially if you have Tails or Knuckles), but a bit to short. The gun, or whatever was shooting me, was pretty easy to dodge. Also, the Chaos Emerald is pretty easy to find (no spoilers).

Boss Room:

Once again not that hard. But the small room and quiet a lot of enemies was pretty annoying. I at least got hit once >_>

Altogethor, the level isn't all that fun, The left path is too challenging, and there is a bit of a monster overload. My overall rating:

4/10

Sorry, it wasn't all that good.

I understand you. Remember, it's my first co-op level. For someone it's hard and for someone it's a peace of cake. The crushers were faster last time and noone could pass it. Well, good thing I fixed that. Even if the rates were bad I liket them. I thinked that I am going to get 2/10. Well, better luck next time...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back