ANOTHER Nintendo DS called the DSiLL?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I already have a Gameboy Color, Gameboy Advance, and Nintendo DS. I will sell something before I buy this, because I just don't care for handhelds that are constantly proving each other redundant.

-A NEW Battery (with a better longevity).
-This console is more powerful than the previous one,more RAM,and a better compatibility with high capacity cartridge(512Mo and Higher...).

This is the only thing that is interesting at all, because any kind of hardware upgrade makes me want it, but I'm happy with my DSi and SP thank you.

I already have a Gameboy Color, Gameboy Advance, and Nintendo DS. I will sell something before I buy this, because I just don't care for handhelds that are constantly proving each other redundant.

This isn't an improvement though... Its more of an optional thing for older people.

Honestly I don't understand the complaints about all the models of DS. It's not like they're marketing it as a new handheld system, they're marketing it as a new model of the DS. If you want a new DS, you now have more options to choose from. I don't see why this is such a bad thing.

I thought the DSiLL was another form of the DSi, which, from what I understand, does have exclusive game content to it. DS Lites and the like I have no problem with.

I thought the DSiLL was another form of the DSi, which, from what I understand, does have exclusive game content to it. DS Lites and the like I have no problem with.

lol.....
It doesn't have any exclusive content to it. You can just say it has a bigger screen. There is no graphic/ram jump.

I still just have a regular DS lite. The way I see it, until they make something completely new, rather then just making similar versions of the same thing, there is no point to getting it.

From reading in places, I've heard that an NVIDIA graphics chip was put in.

Source please
From what I have heard, there was no graphical improvement.
All I heard about NVIDIA is that it is going to be in the next handheld series.

nVidia? Really? Sounds like a rumor to me. I'd imagine that Nintendo would be more likely to pick up on one of the OMAP chipsets (ARM processor, PowerVR graphics, used to power the iPhone (OMAP2) and Pandora handheld (OMAP3)).

What does it matter if they make a new model? I mean, some were complaining that it's stupid what with all these "new" consoles, but in my opinion, more variety=better. It's not like you have to buy this, it's just another model of the DSi(I thought the DSi was a little stupid, now there'll be games that have stupid camera gimmicks they could well have done without and you won't be able to play them on a regular DS, but what's done is done). The DS Lite is a little too small for my hands anyway.

I'm only interested in this "DSiLL" if they bring back GameBoy Advance compatibility...which I'm 99% sure is not going to happen. In fact, I don't even own a DSi...I'm perfectly happy with my original DS.

BTW, "DSiLL"? That's a VERY unfortunate-sounding name. In fact, I thought it was a joke at first.

It's LL in Japan. XL when it gets localized here. It does not include a GBA slot. It is exactly the same as the DSi with larger screens.

I dunno. Larger screens kinda appeal to me as well. It would make it easier to write in games that use the touch screen as a notepad.

No GBA slot -> Unable to access the Battle Network side quests in Megaman Star Force games.

Fix'd for the fans. *shot*

Actually, with Heart Gold and Soul Silver coming out in approx. Spring 2010, there won't be as much of a purpose to migrating Pokemon from GBA games, unless you want your high level GBA Pokemon to have more awesomeness in DPPt.

I have some GBA games that are seriously becoming obsolete as Nintendo begins to eliminate all GBA support in the new consoles. Most notably, the original Mario and Luigi.

Other than the pokemon games and the megaman games, every GBA games have become "obsolete". So... Yeah.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back