mario kart wii

Status
Not open for further replies.
Amy Rose said:
I got it ^^. Does anyone want to be my friend ^.^
...Just post your FC if you want people to be your "friends" or whatever the hell it is you keep calling us. Isn't any new guy that you meet in a match of a game your best friend?

I got the game at a midnight launch. It's quite a solid entry in the series - the multiplayer aspect totally makes up for the disappointment of Brawls wifi capabilites. The Wii Wheel is really great to use, too - I wouldn't recommend it in a 150cc race, but if you're playing to just have fun, give it a whirl. You may find it better than you thought you would - I know I did.

Some of the maps in the game are the most unique in the series - Warios Gold Mines? Koopa Cape? Mushroom Gorge? Absolutely top-notch. Sure, some of the retro choices are mixed (WHY IS THERE NO ROYAL RACEWAY), but I can live with those. The fact that they brought back classics like DK Mountain and SNES Battle Stage 4 make up for it.

Sure, the rubber-banding of the AI is cheap as ever, and some of the unlockable characters are a bit...uncalled for, but it's a solid kart. Better than the GameCube and N64 iterations, at best; perhaps not as good as Super Mario Kart.

See you online.

Also, on a side note - playing as a Hitler Mii on worldwide wifi is entertaining, in a guilty-pleasure kind of way. =P

The game seems awesome, but the "hay guys heres another freaking Donut Plains have fun" part is annoying.

Chaos said:
Amy Rose said:
I got it ^^. Does anyone want to be my friend ^.^
...Just post your FC if you want people to be your "friends" or whatever the hell it is you keep calling us. Isn't any new guy that you meet in a match of a game your best friend?
Sorry I was just trying to be nice ^^ and I put my friend code for Mario kart and brawl in my signature ^^

Spazzo said:
I got the game at a midnight launch. It's quite a solid entry in the series - the multiplayer aspect totally makes up for the disappointment of Brawls wifi capabilites. The Wii Wheel is really great to use, too - I wouldn't recommend it in a 150cc race, but if you're playing to just have fun, give it a whirl. You may find it better than you thought you would - I know I did.

Some of the maps in the game are the most unique in the series - Warios Gold Mines? Koopa Cape? Mushroom Gorge? Absolutely top-notch. Sure, some of the retro choices are mixed (WHY IS THERE NO ROYAL RACEWAY), but I can live with those. The fact that they brought back classics like DK Mountain and SNES Battle Stage 4 make up for it.

Sure, the rubber-banding of the AI is cheap as ever, and some of the unlockable characters are a bit...uncalled for, but it's a solid kart. Better than the GameCube and N64 iterations, at best; perhaps not as good as Super Mario Kart.

I 100% agree with Spazzo there, the music is also great to, but it would be better if they put Rainbow road from DD in there for the retro cup. Bowsers castle N64 is ok, but it dosnt give of the same vibe as the Wii's Rainbow road, why are they so addicting?

I havent played it yet, but I sure as hell am going to use a wii-remote. Using a controller would take away the sole point of it being released again in the first place.

Think of it this way: If the Wii had no motion sensing, there would never have been another mario kart.

Earuto said:
I have a question about MKWii.

I just want to know, is a gamecube controller is being used?

A GCN controller can be used (it's what I use, to be honest), although there is a catch - the controls slightly differ from that of MK:DD. Items is now mapped to L, wheras X and Y do nothing. It didn't take long for me to get used to it, though, so there isn't much to worry about.

...but it would be better if they put Rainbow road from DD in there for the retro cup...

I've been rooting for a "Rainbow Cup" ever since Super Circuit released. It's such an awesome concept, I'm rather surprised it hasn't already been done. Nintendo Creativity Department, look this way!

On that note, why did they remove All Cup Tour? I enjoyed that... ... ...

What?! No All-cup tour? WTF Nintendo? *slap*

And yeah, a Rainbow Cup would be awesome, with some of the hardest and most bizzare tracks ever heard of in Mario Kart.

I loved the all-cup tour in DD. I hope it will be in the new Mario kart,Mario kart *insert witty name here* anyone?

super said:
I loved the all-cup tour in DD. I hope it will be in the new Mario kart,Mario kart *insert witty name here* anyone?
Super Mario Kart 64 DS Wii Double Dash Super Circuit anyone? I never played DD but from what I heard its among the worse Mario Karts. (I thought my Mario Kart Super Circuit was crappy untill recently I started playing it more and unlocking stuff!)

Actually, it was said to be the best of the series, untill the Wii one came out that is...

Chrome the hedgehog said:
Actually, it was said to be the best of the series, untill the Wii one came out that is...
Well, everyone has their opinion, I heard that super circuit was the best. (Besides Mario Kart Wii)

I really liked Double Dash's multiplayer. I wish they brought back Bob-omb Blast to the Wii. I think Double Dash has the best multiplayer in the series, and MK Wii has the best single player.

Sonic blue said:
Chrome the hedgehog said:
Well, everyone has their opinion, I heard that super circuit was the best. (Besides Mario Kart Wii)
Umm, Mario Kart Super Circuit is probably the worst one. The tracks are very bland and boring comparing it to others of the series, and the racing is very slow.

I really, really liked Super Circuit. It was much more balanced, had an amazingly good single player component (shocking for Mario Kart), and it had the best battle mode outside of MK64.

The only thing I didn't like about super circuit was the graphics. They were really annoying. :P Anyways, back to topic, I was really amazed Rosalina and dry Bowser made the cut. (More surprised at dry Bowser than Rosalina.)

EDIT: Is it to late to get MKDS? (or metroid prime hunters?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back