Pokemon Black 2 and White 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I for one do not approve of this. This is the first ever sequel of a main series Pokemon game. Sure, Gold and Silver was considered a sequel but they didn't call it Red 2 and Blue 2. I was actually planning to get Pokemon Black as soon as I finish the 4th gen Pokedex. So do I have to play Pokemon Black to understand Pokemon Black 2? It's just upsetting that Pokemon has taken a turn like this. I really thought there was actually going to be Grey or at least a RSE remake of some sort. But maybe once I get Black and finish it, maybe I'll have different thoughts for BW2.

Why does everyone want a "grey" or and RSE remake. I mean grey was not even a real name and the game could be called fusion or brown. Why is everyone upset that the same exact game with little crap added to it that should be added in the first place is not being made? Only yellow actually served a purpose.

A RSE remake also wouldn't make any sense as there is often a remake with a new gen on a new system. Remakes often use updated/modified engine of their gens games Example: FireRed/LeafGreen uses RSE engine and SoulSilver/HeartGold uses DPP engine. Yes Black and white is a new "gen" but I am pretty sure that remaking RSE for the ds instead of 3ds will defeat the purpose of the remake. Right now, it would simply look like Heartgold and soulsilver. I don't think Game freak will want to stay back. Black and white 2 might be for the regular ds because it was started early in development and is the same gen or could be for trading purposes or to save time while they develop stuff for the 3ds. Who knows what they are planning. Another reason why Black and white is on the same line as dp because it took a while for Nintendo to update their hardware.

Last edited:
To all of you thinking this will be a sequel, it isn't.
D00D forgot to copy the words "Version" for the titles of the game. So basicly it'll be like how Platinum added more story to Giratina, this adds more to Kyurem. I can bet the game would be almost identical, except a few changes here and there, 2 new characters, minigames, etc.... Pokemon B/W DID hit the max capacity for a DS game, did they not? So it's not like they can add that much... Without removing something else.
gj gamefreak

Last edited:
I for one do not approve of this. This is the first ever sequel of a main series Pokemon game.
No, it wasn't, and even if it was, what's wrong with that. Do you hate change?

Sure, Gold and Silver was considered a sequel but they didn't call it Red 2 and Blue 2.
And Capcom didn't call Night Warriors "Darkstalkers 2" either. What's your point?

I was actually planning to get Pokemon Black as soon as I finish the 4th gen Pokedex. So do I have to play Pokemon Black to understand Pokemon Black 2?
We have no idea at this point. All that's been revealed is Black Kyurem and White Kyurem.

It's just upsetting that Pokemon has taken a turn like this.
Pokemon Gold and Silver DIRECTLY MENTION events that occurred in Gen I. I for one am pleased that they went down this road again, even if it's in the same generation this time.

I really thought there was actually going to be Grey or at least a RSE remake of some sort.
Everyone did.

But maybe once I get Black and finish it, maybe I'll have different thoughts for BW2.
I'm positive that you will.

A RSE remake also wouldn't make any sense as there is often a remake with a new gen on a new system. Remakes often use updated/modified engine of their gens games Example: FireRed/LeafGreen uses RSE engine and SoulSilver/HeartGold uses DPP engine. Yes Black and white is a new "gen" but I am pretty sure that remaking RSE for the ds instead of 3ds will defeat the purpose of the remake. Right now, it would simply look like Heartgold and soulsilver. I don't think Game freak will want to stay back. Black and white 2 might be for the regular ds because it was started early in development and is the same gen or could be for trading purposes or to save time while they develop stuff for the 3ds. Who knows what they are planning. Another reason why Black and white is on the same line as dp because it took a while for Nintendo to update their hardware.

Your explanation is too long-winded.

My thoughts on the matter is that FrLg allowed people to re-obtain older Pokemon since Ruby and Sapphire's engine is so different that it's incompatible with Generations I and II (Also the reason why you can't transfer Pokemon back a generation anymore). HgSs serve a similar purpose for much the same reason.

While it's possible to take Pokemon from Gen III to Gen V by using a Gen IV game a middleman, it's highly inconvenient, especially for people who don't own all those games, or don't have a DS with GBA compatibility. RSFrLgE have no direct compatibility with Black and White, possibly because of limitations by Black and White being DS-i games (as in, they have enhancements when played on a DS-i system and can use its full range of features). Thus, a remake of Ruby and Sapphire would serve the same purpose of compatibility yet again, and that's why it'd be totally feasible for it to happen during this generation.

Plus it'd be totally awesome.

As for the hardware bit, not only does Black and White look completely different from HeartGold and SoulSilver, but I happen to like that visual style anyway. Besides, at least they updated the engine and presentation to compensate. When the series DOES migrate to 3DS, I hope they DON'T make the games fully 3D and instead I hope they keep the animated sprites and 3D environments from Black and white, which would really look sexy in the 3DS's 240p resolution. As we've seen in Pokemon Collosseum and XD, Pokemon RPGs with 3D characters just don't have the same charm.

Also, this isn't new, but since it's related to the topic, everyone go on your 3DS browsers and download this image. http://3dmedia.com/gallery/displayimage.php?pid=2996

Last edited:
Am I the only one that was reminded of Venustoise after seeing those new forms?

I was hoping for another pokemon game, but this isn't what I was hoping for, it just seems kind of... ridiculous. Not only was this unexpected, but it also just doesn't feel right... But that's just me, not everyone might feel the same way.

The thing is, we've been given basically no information about what these games actually are, other than that they're coming. Wait until we actually know what the games contain before you cry foul.

I was just saying that this is really something that I wasn't expecting, I mean, yeah I thought they would do something involving Kyurem, but this was the last thing I would have thought of them doing, and that so far it just doesn't sit well with me. That's not to say that I won't change my mind when we get more information that will give me more understanding to this move for the games.

Much better than the first image we got of the game.

The fusions are still eww-ish, but at least they look bloody cool in those poses.

To be honest a sort of sequel is something you wouldn't expect at all from Game Freak. But they're trying something new, which makes the whole Poke'mon game cycle broken...for now. Anyway I'll just end up getting White 2 on account of already owning Black version. But the whole Kyurem fusions look very interesting and I hope we all get some feedback from E3 soon enough.

...Trying something new? That's just the "Platinum" version for the 5th generation, or at least it looks like that.
same console too...*rants some more*

No, it isn't. It's a confirmed sequel. As in it picks up where the events of Black and White left off.

No, it isn't. It's a confirmed sequel. As in it picks up where the events of Black and White left off.

Basically the point I was getting across with my previous post. You would think it would be like Platinum, but this is something different indeed. I never expected Game Freak to make actual sequels to games previously released, but every company tries something new once in a while.

I hope Kyurem is in this.
ಠ_ಠ

I think it's pretty clear that Kyurem will play a prominent role in this. Even if you completely ignore the fact that there are PICTURES that imply it, why wouldn't it be?

Last edited:
ಠ_ಠ

I think it's pretty clear that Kyurem will play a prominent role in this. Even if you completely ignore the fact that there are PICTURES that imply it, why wouldn't it be?

-_- What I meant to say is if he is playable in this game.
Also, I didn't ignore the pictures, it only showed Zekrom and Reshiram in gray metal-like armor but no Kyurem.

---------- Post added at 11:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:21 AM ----------

ಠ_ಠ

OH I DIDN'T SEE THE LINK THERE.....ha ha ha no hard feelings right?

1. Kyurem was playable in Black and White too.
2. Reshiram and Zekrom clearly have traits of Reshiram here.

Reshiram and Zekrom clearly have traits of Reshiram... what? Did you mean Kyurem when you wrote Reshiram again?
Also, it's not Zekrom and Reshiram, its Kyurem White Form and Black Form. It's Kyurem, not them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back