• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Pit from Kid Icarus

Status
Not open for further replies.

BudderMan

The Class Clown
This is my WIP Wad, Pit from the video game series Kid Icarus! This design is going to be based off of his SSBB/Uprising redesign. I'm going to try to use some lua magic to make some super special moves, but no promises!

Any and all constructive criticism is accepted! I will update this thread when I have made new progress!

Anyways, here's my first sprite done so far:
2q0u6vc.jpg

NOTE: This sprite is based off of a perler bead design by Geek Mythology. I in no way take credit for this original design.

Last edited:
If you want better feedback, you might want to go to the VG Resource forums. There's only about three spriters here, so must people will just say "it looks good".

As it stands, it doesn't really fit in with the rest of the game's art style, and I think the feet look a little awkward.

[QUOTE Did you make his fly just like in SSBB?[/QUOTE]
1. Thank you for the compliment! and 2. As I said, I only have my base sprite at the moment, but I do plan on adding that!
it looks like hes looking down, it should look like hes looking forward.
Done, check the first post!
As it stands, it doesn't really fit in with the rest of the game's art style, and I think the feet look a little awkward
1. I know he doesn't really fit the style, that was kind of the point of my design. 2. His sandals are also somewhat fixed due to the fact there isn't much I can do to them.

No i did not copy that sprite.
Then it seems like a big coincidence that with the exception of the right wing being 1 pixel longer on your sprite, everything is identical, except colours. What a coincidence.

Edit: By "colours", I mean the palette, not that the sprites have different colour patterns/shading/something.

I had bought one of those perler bead things, and I copied that picture. Then today I was like,"Hmmmm...I should make a chibi Pit wad!" and I copied my perler bead fake.

But as I said, I probably will change up the design, if everyone's going to be angry that I used another source for the base sprite. I should actually probably credit the site.

EDIT: Done.

Just got this matter cleared up on #srb2fun: this sprite is indeed from another game, therefore it is a sprite rip:

Forum Rules said:
12. Do not post recolors, sprite rips, music replacements, or timer SOCs. These submissions will be rejected, and repeated submission will result in bans.

Also as an aside, it is preferable to have more than one completed sprite before you create a new thread about your character WAD project. Not against the rules really, but it's proved to be still rather annoying anyway in the past.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back