• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

I quit GemPlanet; it's no use.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have designed 8 nice levels for my beta version of GemPlanet but the reason I want to quit becuase of the errors thats impossible to fix like this image here.

srb20000-2.png

If anyone knows a problem with this please be nice enough to help me.

Unclosed sectors?

Play in OGL? In dunno, looks more like a software bug. Err, I mean technical limitation.

I'm looking in the backround of the map right now. Possibly the map is too large and you have to make it smaller?

Come on! Just because of that setback doesn't mean you have to quit!!

And do you have SRB2 Doombuilder? If not, then why not get it?

That image looks like it belongs to a level that has a lot of potential to break software mode... ;-P

Seriously, there are too giant viewfields. You have to cut them smaller with some walls (at best with thok-barriers in their back). If you are exceeding a certain size of a viewfield software won't be able to draw the textures properly anymore. This causes ugly graphical glitches.

So you might say "software mode is WE4K" but not Doombuilder. You can still play these levels in open-GL if you want to get an idea of what it would look like the right way.
Well... since I am not a big fan of OGL I would recommend you to work on your levels a little more to make them software mode suitable.

Like BlueZero4 said it might be some unclosed sector borders, too, but only judging by a screenshot it's really hard to tell.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back