New 2D Sonic game "Sonic the Hedgehog 4" announced for 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let me just point this out real briefly, the teaser is just what it is. A TEASER. It was MADE to make the fans think what it's gonna be like. Right now the teaser means almost NOTHING right now besides the fact that it used references to the Old-School Sonic games, which might hint something. Like I said a few post back, let's wait until we actually see some development of this project. There's really nothing to talk about this game for a moment.

All that we know for certain that HD is involved, and that it will be a 2D game. For all we know it could have absolutely nothing to do with the classics at all and instead turn out to be an Unleashed 2 minus the 3D sections and Werehog. The teaser could just as easily be a fanservice shout-out.
What's an Unleashed 2 without stuff from the first game, and where did the term "Unleashed 2" come from? Right now that has nothing to do with this game.

What's an Unleashed 2 without stuff from the first game, and where did the term "Unleashed 2" come from? Right now that has nothing to do with this game.
I never claimed that it was a guarantee, only that it was a possibility. I was pandering the exact same point you just demonstrated right then.

Furthermore, it can't possibly be that hard to imagine a game that looks and plays exactly like daytime Unleashed with only 2D sections. Or hell, even a game that merely uses the same graphical engine that was built for it.

I never claimed that it was a guarantee, only that it was a possibility. I was pandering the exact same point you just demonstrated right then.

Furthermore, it can't possibly be that hard to imagine a game that looks and plays exactly like daytime Unleashed with only 2D sections. Or hell, even a game that merely uses the same graphical engine that was built for it.
Eh, I'm just trying to make my point more clear just now. So far only the "Rush" series can relate to Sonic Unleashed's 2D section. Come to think of it, I would call that gameplay the "modern" Sonic 2D gameplay. So I can't blame anyone for coming up with that possibility.

PICS OR GTFO.

We say this about SRB2, why can't we say it about this?

Oh man how I agree with this. And if that info about Duke and that other game is true then SEGA really should throw us a bone here. We want visible proof of the game outside of snazzy special effects and words. Though that in itself still caught my attention anyway.

All that we know for certain that HD is involved, and that it will be a 2D game. For all we know it could have absolutely nothing to do with the classics at all and instead turn out to be an Unleashed 2 minus the 3D sections and Werehog. The teaser could just as easily be a fanservice shout-out.

Sega of America's Ken Balough said:
Old-school Sonic fans have long asked to see Sonic return to a more 2D style of gameplay. Many liked the daytime stages in Unleashed, but wanted to see a game that plays purely similar to the early games of the Genesis. Project Needlemouse is that critical first step that brings Sonic back to his 2D roots.
Seems to be based on classics

If the boost wouldn't be there standard, it'd be cool. Boost is awesome for 3D, but not for 2D. Maybe only when you have runshoes it'd be a great powerup. 'cause if that's just a max-speed up thing, then ya'll wonder why Sonic couldn't go that fast from the very beginning.

I'd like to see the spindash back, and that ya need to actually build up speed to get through a loop rather than press a boost button if you're too slow or something. That dratted "Sonic can't run up a hill without some speed" thing can die, though. That's "ball" physics totally overdone.

I am thinking this game is going to be a New Super Mario Bros type game.
Y'know,
Using elements from the old games, enhanced graphics...
If it uses sprites that it will be da bomb.

needlemousenewlookatthi.jpg

DUN DUUNNNNNNNNNN

I guess sega's giving us what we want. But it's still too soon to be hyped people (those who just got hyped over a teaser of lights and shiny things :p)

This game better be worth a pre-order at least.

super said:
this is what is buging me, some people are going "its 2D, there hasnt been a 2D one in ages, whoo!", but wasnt the sonic advance/rush games in 2D?

Advance games yes, Rush series...well sorta yes & no.

I could care less if it's a 3D side scroller or 2D, or HD period. If they can provide (and emphasis on..) good gameplay to waste my time, im consuming it. If it turns into another unleashed (now when I say this, I mean moderate good gameplay, but looses it's quality quickly), im not going to even touch it

Last edited:
*Sigh* here we go again. I sure hope they don't do anything bad.
Please don't make the new character be super weird...

About: http://www.needlemouse.com/

You may think you're looking at a sample of the upcoming Sega game, which according to recent speculation is called Project Needlemouse. What you've stumbled on is actually a fan-created game that we’ve been calling Needlemouse: The Emerald Hills since we began working on it a few months ago.

(well, seems there are actually TWO projects: a fan game and a Sega's game)

Last edited:
Sonic Shadow, I updated my post 4 minutes before you post. Re-read it again, and BTW, there's no need to shout.

EDIT: I just forgot to remove the "From:" from my post above... but let it there for a while....

i totaly agree. I want some kick arse music too. Not some 8 bit revamps like in SonicChronicals.

I think that it would be great to see some gameplay sooner or later, but you know...this being announced so soon,Anyways I hope that there is no new character.

i would prefer if it was a Sonic only adventure. And as for the Sonic Logo emblem thingy at the end of the video, has any one nothiced that its the Start screen logo in sonic 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back