[Open Assets] Terminal - a netplay enhancement plugin

This content may be freely modified and/or maintained by anyone.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apologies for the double post, but Terminal v1.1 has been released.

This is quite a huge update, as it incorporates many features from Git that we've developed over the course of many months. You can read the update changelog here. Please let us know if anything breaks, and have fun!

I actually have a problem. I try to host a dedicated server, which works fine, but the only thing I've been trying to test is the login system, but it doesn't seem to work properly. Sometimes the Registration works fine, and then it shows like "loadhash "Stormey" 9464399 0" and I put it in the text file called "term_logins.txt" I'm not so sure what to do now because I get an error after I try to login. If you can make detailed instructions it'd be really nice :)

Error:

Registering
WARNING: ./Terminal_Login.lua:105: bad argument #1 to 'CONS_Printf' <PLAYER_T* expected, got nil>

Logging in
WARNING: ./Terminal_Login.lua:65: bad argument #1 to 'CONS_Printf' <PLAYER_T* expected, got nil>

EDIT:
I am also loading the Terminal scripts in order. Core then everything else. I just use the loadall.txt.

EDIT #2: (Just to be safe)
I am running v. 2.1.14

EDIT #3:
Nothing works. I did a fresh install of SRB2 and tried all of the Terminal addons, they didn't work. I'm just getting errors like the ones above.

Last edited:
Did you enter "iamtheserver" (without quotes) in the dedicated server's console? It sets an important data field that's needed to run a lot of Terminal's inner workings on a dedicated server. (Listen servers don't need it since they have the information readily available, but due to a bug in the current release we need to grab the server pointer ourself for dedicated servers.)

Did you enter "iamtheserver" (without quotes) in the dedicated server's console? It sets an important data field that's needed to run a lot of Terminal's inner workings on a dedicated server. (Listen servers don't need it since they have the information readily available, but due to a bug in the current release we need to grab the server pointer ourself for dedicated servers.)

Yes I do type iamtheserver but after I try to do a command it still says I need admin rights to do commands.

He's not the only one. Kitoko needs to make his server log into his account too, because the server itself is not given any permissions when it's the dedicated host, even after typing iamtheserver into the console.

In addition, we are forced to reboot SRB2 after leaving the game or getting kicked, because the login system gets a nil error when trying to login a second time (And even spams it a couple times)

WARNING: ./DOWNLOAD/Terminal_Login.lua:11: accessed player_t doesn't exist anymore, please check 'valid' before using player_t.
Hook removed.

These errors (and others) are prodding me to remove Terminal from my VPS. I hope you can resolve this.

I also believe that a thoroughly extensive list of what every single additional (or replacement) command does would be nice.

Last edited:
Uh recently I've been getting this error message in my servers? Is there someway I can fix it, it keeps spamming in the chat. ERROR: NetXCmd buffer full, cannot add netcmd 21! (size: 237, needed: 37) I assume this tool is gonna need an update for 2.1.15 huh?

Last edited:
Terminal v1.2 has been released, check the release post for the changelog.

I accidently gave the wrong person all permissions and when I tried to undo this action I got the following error:
>removepermission 2 all
WARNING: ./Terminal_Core.lua:271: attempt to call global 'A_MServ_getPlayerFromString' (a nil value)
However, I achieved my goal in removing all permissions from that person.

How do I set up term_logins.txt? I put it in a new folder called "Server", but nothing is happening. And now it is spamming the error: couldn't execute file term_logins.txt.

that's because you're supposed to place it in the same folder where you have srb2win.exe, not in a new folder or a subfolder.

Camera issues with Terminal

For some reason, whenever I use Terminal, I cannot use cam_rotate, cam_dist, or cam_height. Is this intentional, or is there a bug in the lua?

Edit: Never mind, it was most likely another wad that was conflicting. Also, I wonder what killingdead on does...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Back