Fire spindash, without the Inferno Shield.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was just wondering, but how can I make a character use the Inferno Shield's spindash effect without having the shield? Is this something to do with the spinitem in the S_SKIN file or does this reqiure SOCing?

It can't require SOCing. It is either exclusive to the fireshield/hardcoded or the soc item is _REALLY_ hard to get a hold of, and you just need an S_SKIN value.

I think it is the former, because I haven't seen it floating around in the SOC values. But I'm not sure.

There IS a way to make it work, but it requires alot of SOCcing, I've been wanting this flame trail too, for Nitemare of course, but I'm still trying to make it work correctly.

Anyways what I had planned to make it work was the character would spawn an object it would appear for 1-3 tics and disappear, during that time it spawns 2 of the same objects for 1-3 tics, one on each side of the middle object during the 1-3 tics it spawns a spinfire flame which I THINK is automatically hardcoded to disappear after some time.

So far I tried to make it work but I'm not an SOC expert.

Er, that's a lot of nonscenery items for lagless netplay, Senku. You of all people don't want that.

Spawn the object with harmless flags, then after a few tics, change the flags back to somting hurtfull. Allthough charging rolling is suicide and the trail will also damage yourself.

Spin sprite 1 - A_Invinciblilaty - tics = 10
Spin Sprite 2 - A_Fire sheild - tics = 6
As you slowdown the spawning of fire should slow down.
BTW the ivincibility because it makes your sheild disapear. 10 tics because a full spin at medium speed is 8 tics.
Fishook© out

Why not use A_Custompower, which dosen't even spawn the shield?

Or better yet, Senku's idea would work fine with a few little changes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back