Help SRB2 SRB2JTE or SMSBlast doesn't work!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mark2345

When i play SRB2 or anyother SRB2 related games my screen goes black and a message comes up and says Input Out Of Range
Please help!

That's because SRB2 is running at a screen resolution or refresh rate that your monitor (or its drivers) doesn't support. Try downloading the SRB2Net launcher and setting it to resolutions like 640x480, or 800x600.
Or, you could open up the configuration file (config.cfg) in SRB2's folder with Notepad and change the default resolution to something your monitor can display.

Solutions

I notice that Dr. Pepper answer is correct. I accidentaly changed the resolution in SRB2 and I saw Screen Out of Range. So that's a possible FAQ to write. Now the solution.
- Find scr_height and scr_width in your config file*. Type here a good resolution**.

* riders.cfg for SRB2 Riders, SRB2CB.cfg for Community Build and config.cfg for any other.

** A good resolution is the one that fits in your screen with good aspect relation. You can use your one(in Screen Properties, Configuration) or this ones:

For standard: 320x320, 600x400, 300x200, 1024x768, 960x800
For widescreen: 1260x768, 1200x800, 1600x900...

And that's in! Look at Changing Default Resolutions topic!

I had this problem too, what i did was wait a few weeks or days because i though that it might have overheated or something, so i waited and then it started to work after a week, try waiting for this, if that doesnt work, try reinstalling it to your desktop

I hope when you will play smsblast you wont play online and with srb2jte online in SA-city or you will likely banned like the others whitout any remorse. Never do that.

SRB2 doesn't support 300 x 200 I believe. The bear minimum is 320 x 200, but most newer monitors will not support that full screen. scr_height should be 400, and scr_width should be 640. If you don't like that size, but it still displays, then you can change the defaults in the video options.

If that doesn't work, then try deleting the config.cfg. You will have to set your controls again, but it should set the screensize to 640x400 or 320 x 200 if your monitor supports that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back