Ultra Mod (name temporary) (ultramod1.8.wad)

Do you want a character to come with this wad?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't been working on it much lately, but here's the next version:

http://s16.quicksharing.com/v/6775847/rotob1.7c.wad.html

Not much has changed with the normal levels, the only level that has been changed is the Sand Temple Stage, which is going through a small "Renovation". The First Boss has also been changed. The big difference from this version and the previous is that MAP60 - MAP62 now have a special emerald quest that is being worked on. It includes ah2190 and Kujas stages. (with permission, of course)

EDIT: I forgot to mention that I'm going to have a name change. Got suggestions?

SBB2 / Sonic Boss Blast 2? Classic Clash? Old-School Showdown? Battle of the Bosses? erm..... Return of the Ancients? That's all I can think of right now.

This is going to be the last update for a while. And its a big one. This one has a large amount of new zones, I have teamed up with Toasto Blast, so theres his levels in there along with Fish hooks sand tomb with permission again., got permission to have srb2 city in here, and some other new stages as well.

http://dl6.ohshare.com/v/2469857/ultramod1.8.wad.html

Original Concept: roboegg99
Single Player Zones: Dude_, roboegg99, ah2190, Kuja, Fish Hook
Match Stages: Warpshade
Race Levels: HYPERKNUX
CTF Stages: ??? Coming Soon....
Bosses: on Edge
Enemies: Morph, Dash the Hedgehog

MAP04 - EGG CARRIER 2 by dude
MAP09 - LAVA REEF by Dude_ & roboegg99
MAP10 - SAND TEMPLE by Dude_ & roboegg99
MAP11 - FIRE HIGHWAY by Dude_
MAP30 - GREEN FLOUR 1 by Fish Hook
MAP33 - SAND TOMB 1 by Fish Hook
MAP34 - SAND TOMB 2 by Fish Hook
MAP35 - SAND TOMB 3 by Fish Hook
MAP40 - ROBO BLAST by Fish Hook
MAP58 - RUSH CANYON by Kuja
MAP60 - TRAINING by ah2190
MAP61 - HILL GROVE by ah2190, bugfixed by Dude_
MAP71 - SRB2 CITY by Warpshade
MAP81 - SUNKEN LABYRINTH by HYPERKNUX
MAP82 - EMERALD FALLS by HYPERKNUX
MAP83 - WINTER HILL by HYPERKNUX

Well it sounds intresting*downloads* I'll test it out than edit and put what I think of it after I'm done testing.

Dude_ said:
Heh, I just realized the rotation between levels is very screwy. I should fix that by next release.

Also in fire highway zone, theres no death pit(is that suppose to happen).

Also in fire highway zone, theres no death pit(is that suppose to happen).

Err, no, another thing I forgot to fix. I haven't worked on that zone for quite a while.

Also, the only things different between this release and the last is Sand Temple and the large amount of new zones. (I think I have credit for everyone, I KNOW I ave permission, I'm not stealing. >.<)

on Edge said:
Here:

Code:
#by on_Edge

Thing 3
MAPTHINGNUM = 16
SPAWNSTATE = 96
SPAWNHEALTH = 8
SEESTATE = 96
SEESOUND = 0
REACTIONTIME = 6
ATTACKSOUND = 0
PAINSTATE = 103
PAINCHANCE = 71
PAINSOUND = 12
MELEESTATE = 97
MISSILESTATE = 97
DEATHSTATE = 104
DEATHSOUND = 28
XDEATHSTATE = 118
SPEED = 10
RADIUS = 1572864
HEIGHT = 3407872
MASS = 0
DAMAGE = 2
ACTIVESOUND = 26
RAISESTATE = 97
FLAGS = 17029

FRAME 97
SPRITENUMBER = 4
SPRITESUBNUMBER = 1
DURATION = 10
NEXT = 98
ACTION None
VAR1 = 0
VAR2 = 0

FRAME 98
SPRITENUMBER = 4
SPRITESUBNUMBER = 2
DURATION = 10
NEXT = 96
ACTION A_FireShot
VAR1 = 4
VAR2 = 0
Bad news. That will change every boss (exept for the eggmobile 2)

Ok, I liked certain bits an pieces of this, so I'm going to rate it just like I rated the contest maps.

Egg Carrier 2 - Dude
5/10
It was a boss level. It looked a bit nice, but the random exit sectors killed the point of defeating the boss.

Lava Reef - Dude_ and Roboegg99
5/10
Okay, pretty good for a 2D boss level, but you could've done more with it. Seriously, you have tons of possibilites, but you really didn't do that much. Also, you should always use an invisible solid FOF so the boss doesn't fly away from you in a third-dimentional fashion.

Sand Temple - Dude and Roboegg99
1/10
Flat, and a remake of a match map. Horrible, just plain horrible.

Fire Highway - Dude
2/10
If you had actually done more than just a small pathway, you would have gotten a higher score. It looked okay as far as the level goes, but it was too short, not to mention the spring was off in the position of the player start.

Green Flour 1 - Fish Hook
6/10
You make pretty good SA Mode SP maps, although it seems you are a little light dash crazy, heh. You have potential, Fish Hook, serious potential. What totally screwed the map was the flat marrow pathway, which made it seem rushed. Okay, okay, if you had more time, it could have been totally awesome.

Sand Tomb 1 - Fish Hook
7/10
Once again, I have to admit, nice. What I did notice though, is that is has some OpenGL lighting, but one area of the level has almost total darkness. OpenGL displays darkness differently than software, so be careful for that.

Sand Tomb 2 - Fish Hook
7/10
Neat. Pretty good, once again, but you really need to take more time and make your levels lengthier.

Sand Tomb 3 - Fish Hook
7/10
Kind of boring, but you managed to create a capsule.

Robo Blast - Fish Hook
6/10
Funny, I had to use startrings to get through that lazer. It was kind of cool how you had to avoid obstactles, but once again, more time and effort = better map.

Rush Canyon - Kuja
7/10
For a first map, you really know what you're doing. You have a knack for this, you just need a bit more practice.

Training - ah2190
1/10
I'm confused. There's nothing here but random ring drainers, and other random effects. It didn't even challenge my skills, so I don't know why it's called training...

Hill Grove - ah2190; bugfixed by Dude_
0/10
Horrible design. Honestly, truely horrible. There were springs placed in totally oblivious areas, and it seems Tails friendly, because I found myself unable to jump over some of the ridges without springs.

SRB2 City - Warpshade
6/10
It was a nice looking map, but not optimized for Match or Tag. It looks like you centered around looks and effects, instead of playability.

Sunken Labyrinth - Hyperknux
7/10
Very good. The watery theme suits it well, and I loved the placement of the itemboxes for some reason.

Emerald Falls - Hyperknux
5/10
Too colorful for me (that didn't affect the score though). The death pits were rather annoying, and the design was a bit off to me.

Winter Hill - Hyperknux
7/10
It was good, but it still suffers from too-much-pit-room syndrome.

There, I wrote, and now I'm tired.

Well, there is going to be a new Race map advalable soon that I'm making. Dude_, if you want to see what I've done so far, PM me and I'll send you it.

Why are you compiling other poeple's work? Really, it's not your mod anymore, mainly composed of everybody else's stuff. Mods really should be your stuff, unless you happen to have people making stuff original for the mod. I wouldn't have a problem with all this extra stuff in here, except it's stuff that's already been made, which was lazily compiled.

Furthermore, since you're not putting anything into this, we can't help you become a better mapper.

Actually, I am going to be creating almost every level in the original rotob level set, and 6 of the map stages.

I originally got permission to finish the Revival of the Old Bosses by roboegg99, which had Sand Temple in there as a normal stage. The training and Hill Grove are from when I was bugfixing ah2190s levels, and he gave me permission to use them in my mod because he was busy with another one, also giving me permission to create the zones that come after it. I asked HYPERKNUX for the race stages because I suck at making race stages. I asked for permission to use srb2 city as a match stage, and Rush Canyon was going to be an unlockable stage. Fish Hooks Toasto Blast was originally going to have over 50 levels, as he stated, so thats why we merged ours together, because we could get it done faster.

While I understand that this was originally continuing roboegg99's work, I still don't get why you needed any match or race stages. I don't see anything about permission to use Rush Canyon, either.

And as for Fish Hook, he's just being really ambitious there.

I got permission to use Rush Canyon, just as I did all the others.

Also, does anyone have any ideas on how to improve upon Sand Temple without completely killing it?

And he has permission to use at most THREE zones from AEQ. I'm sending him the plans for one, and he can use one that he is allowed to make fully. The third one will be desided between us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back