Sonic Heroes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gene42

Hey, ive recently been playing through Sonic Heroes for pc, it was one of the first ps2 games I played. the only problem at the moment is how I remember it being much better with a gamepad :-)

Um, you do know this game is outdated and isn't a game that everyone plays now, nor would they like it. This topic is only the source for people stating that this game, is bad.

Egad, what a bitter way to start a friendly little topic.

Anyways, Sonic Heroes wasn't as bad of a game people make it out to be. The team system worked alright, and the music was pretty top notch most of the time. One of problems I see is that the levels had a pattern of getting repetitive real fast (Rail Canyon/Bullet Station, Egg Fleet, to name a few). Another problem is that it featured many somewhat psuedo-beat 'em up sections throughout the levels (Beat the enemies to continue, life bars on the common mook, etc.). But all and all, it wasn't too bad. I should probably replay it sometime.

Um, you do know this game is outdated and isn't a game that everyone plays now, nor would they like it.
because absolutely nobody likes it am i right
Sonic Heroes has always been a love-hate thing. People either think it's fun, or hate it.

I always liked the game, though I do agree with the fact that it gets repetitive fairly easily. The multiplayer is pretty fun and time attacking is enjoyable.

Last edited:
I know that I am only one who thinks that, but Sonic Heroes is muuuuch worse than
Sonic Adventure DX

It's alright. The colorful graphics were impressive awesome for their time, and I've always loved the teamwork mechanic in theory because it would been conductive to levels with multiple routes and exploratory level design. Unfortunately, this largely wasn't the case. Still a fun 10 hours or so.

Of course Sonic Heroes was worse than Sonic Adventure! That game rocked!

Sonic Adventure was pretty good, but I think even that fell short in some aspects.

After a while you got really annoyed at the game for it's obvious glitches. That, and the level design doesn't set in very good.

Your first time playing: Average. The second time will just be annoying.

I find it pathetic about getting A rank in all the levels to get something that's not even fun to play, the Super Hard mode is really boring, maybe they thought people would like something challenging, but it takes sooooooo long until you beat a level in Super Hard mode, and after all it's beaten, you only get that cliche screen with "Thanks for playing", and nothing else...

That REALLY pissed me off after killing myself to get A ranks in every level

And I really hate the "Bcuz we're Sonic Heroes!" line >:c

After a while you got really annoyed at the game for it's obvious glitches. That, and the level design doesn't set in very good.

Your first time playing: Average. The second time will just be annoying.

May I mention I played it 5 times through? :D

But yeah, the glitches were really annoying, I forgot about those.
I thought the story was the best yet in 3d Sonic History.

The game is so boring now. The only parts of Sonic Heroes worth playing are the 2p mode, and Bingo Highway Zone.

The funny thing is, Bingo Highway Zone is one of the most annoying levels in the whole game.

The two-player mode's only good games are the battle and long race modes.
The game itself is fun, but way too repetitive. It would've been better if the characters entered the levels in different orders, ala Sonic Adventure. For example, Team Chaotix could've started in Frog Forest Zone, and Team Dark could've started in Grand Metropolis Zone.

^
Seems like Sonic's awnser for everything

And how come EVERY team takes the same path (with Team Dark taking the longest paths to finish the level) in the SAME levels but don't end up seeing the other teams? I mean, they fight the same bosses in the SAME places, and there's no trail that the other teams have fought the boss before you fought him

And yet, the so mysterious and obvious man forces Team Chaotix to do missions that has nothing to do with rescuing him

Here's your mission, niggaz. Find crabs

Doesn't that makes pefect sense?

I'd rather be put up with the choir of avoiding detection of frogs and robots than mindlessly playing through the same segments of the same stage with no objective other than "get from point A to B" which was placed in all three of the teams with little to no difference whatsoever ((increased difficulty for Team Dark my @$$))

This is the reason why I praise Team Chaotix more for giving us something TO DO.

May I mention I played it 5 times through? :D

But yeah, the glitches were really annoying, I forgot about those.
I thought the story was the best yet in 3d Sonic History.

I played it 10 times or so.

The game is frustrating on so many levels even if you ignore the story. Ok, to hell with that; the story can't be ignored because it's that dumb. It's like one of those crappy movies when the ending just says "ITS ALL A DREAM LOLOLOL" when there was no way to tell it was a dream in the first place.

mindlessly playing through the same segments of the same stage with no objective other than "get from point A to B" which was placed in all three of the teams with little to no difference whatsoever ((increased difficulty for Team Dark my @$$))
Not to mention they cut Team Rose's version short. Always.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back