Iceland volcano erupts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chibs

Just Someone
This was the best main article I could find:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20100416/ts_nm/us_iceland_volcano

From the article:

REYKJAVIK (Reuters) – An Icelandic volcano is still spewing ash into the air in a massive plume that has disrupted air traffic across Europe and shows little sign of letting up, officials said on Friday.

One expert said the eruption could abate in the coming days, but a government spokesman said ash would keep drifting into the skies of Europe.

The thick, dark brown ash cloud has shut down air traffic across northern Europe and restrictions remained in place in many areas. However, Norway said it had resumed some limited flights in the north of the country.
I'm really worried for everyone who might be affected by this. Poor Europe.

This rarely bothers me as an European. It doesn't matter unless you wanted to take a flight just recently.

The one silver lining in this affair is that the ash cloud is likely to lessen the effects of global warming for a year or two once it disperses.

Anyone want to try and say the name of the volcano? THAT is awkward. No TV Reporter has said the name I think, except for the people in IceLand maybe.

There's a fair few teachers and students from my educational establishment who are trapped in foreign countries right now, one guy is stuck in Uganda and was there for like, 3 weeks doing charity work, poor guy. ;_;

Well, the boards for the Pandora handheld were about to be shipped out to the UK, but... they're being delayed due to the eruption. Looks like we have yet another delay. Whoops.

Edit: As of yesterday, the boards have shipped.

Last edited:
Just saw a powerpoint of this at school.

Its like freaking pitch black in the morning. Would hate to live nearby.

Well, the boards for the Pandora handheld were about to be shipped out to the UK, but... they're being delayed due to the eruption. Looks like we have yet another delay. Whoops.

Not anymore. The boards and the stickers where the basic info like the name and power specifications of the Pandora have arrived there. Hopefully, next week is when everything else gets there.

Back on topic, That is some bad news over there. I hope the ride will settle down soon.

Well, now there's the rumor that this eruption would trigger another eruption of a more deadly volcano, and it somehow got deformed to that people think it'll trigger a second ice age here. While the temperature has slightly dropped here, I think that's not true at all.

Anyways, I feel bad for those Icelandic people. And I did actually read the name of the volcano somewhere, but I don't recall it.

EDIT: here = Holland
For the uninformed.

Well, now there's the rumor that this eruption would trigger another eruption of a more deadly volcano, and it somehow got deformed to that people think it'll trigger a second ice age here. While the temperature has slightly dropped here, I think that's not true at all.

Anyways, I feel bad for those Icelandic people. And I did actually read the name of the volcano somewhere, but I don't recall it.

EDIT: here = Holland
For the uninformed.

From what I'm aware the other volcano which I'll name V2, has always erupted shortly after V1 in recorded history but there are no signs at the moment that V2 will go off. It's still very difficult to predict when a volcano will erupt though so who knows if V2 will be next? Second Ice age? That's already happened

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back