Anyone else got hit by the Snowstorm?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everyone's complaining about a small amount of snow, wonder how people did back in the times when snow was higher than the telegraph poles and people still managed to go to work and school.

Because they got up early, and cleared a path to get out. They used to work in a temperature of -22 degrees. None of this utter uselessness you see now. People are too scared to do this anymore in case - god forbid - they have to walk through an inch of snow.

I might try and find a film that I saw of my village with substantial snow and gritters & plows shifting it and carting it away. These were the days when civilisation didn't come to a halt at the first sign of snow.

Light coating @ 9:30AM US-EST, melted away completely by 11:10AM US-EST.
Did I mention I'm in north-central WV?

Trust me, warm weather is not all its cracked up to be.

I second that, I'm most comfortable in 45F~55F.

I didn't get any snow but instead got a fair amount of freezing rain in the early afternoon which knocked out my power for a few hours. After that it just went to dense cloud cover and stayed good for the rest of the day.

I'm just waving at you guys from southern california.

Coldest we got here is around 40F. No snow at all.

Here is some info about how bad the snow got in Chicago. http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/...nowiest-and-counting-20110202,0,4717683.story
It was rated 3rd in terms of snow depth, but I think the storm itself was much more widespread then the storm of 1999.

Here are some pictures that I got of the snow we got here.
1000391w.jpg

1000398k.jpg

1000406q.jpg

1000428m.jpg

Trust me, warm weather is not all its cracked up to be. Also, I don't remember the last time a hurricane did anything horrible near where I live.

I used to live in Miami, So hurricane hit me hard. Now I leave in Orlando I don't anything bad except Tornado Warnings. Also Lately It's been going One day 70 - 80 degrees then 40 - 50 degrees... Florida is confusing.

It's snowing like hell just about now in NORTH TEXAS. We never get snow but we've had it for four days straight. School's been off all of those days.

I can't tell where the road is anymore.
5umr8z.jpg

Last edited:
It might be late, but:

My streets didn't get shoveled... Out car couldn't get out for the doctor's appointment!!!

Iowa is such a weird state in regards to weather. Two days ago it was in the 60s, with some kids here wearing shorts and t-shirts. And then just yesterday it snowed again.

So, was this big storm concentrated on the East Coast? I've been bad about following the news lately.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back