Tortured Planet v9 (scmrtf_TorturedPlanet-v9.wad)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well. Time to get my lazy ass on getting ImageShack to work right and post my screenshots... Small warning- There's a BUNCH now. Most of them are just screenshots near the place where the glitch happens, to reduce confusion.
srb21261.png

ZOMG redwall in SSZ!

Nah, kidding. Click here to go to the real screenshots.
srb21355.png

Dude's stuck. Move him from that wooden log thing.

srb21354.png

Too many rings in SWZ3= Going Super, making this ridicously easy. Reduce the rings on each platform to 3 instead of 8, so the max amount of rings will be 48. Not enough for Super.

srb21353.png

This happens around one of the gravity pillars in SWZ, I can't remember which one. It also happens when your not dead, of course, I just couldn't get a correct screenshot.
srb21342.png

Are these bouncy thing even neccesary? They're ugly, and there's really nothing to convince me to step on the red death floor, so they're pretty much useless.
srb21338.png

No comment.

srb21333.png

Shouldn't there be a glass on this side too? You know, just so lil' kids won't try seeing if these cubes are touch-able and then causing you to get thrown to death. *Whistles*

srb21327.png

srb21326.png

'Tis^

srb21310.png

Please tell me there's a way to change the color of the enlarging ray. This looks like one giant redwall. (Also, Super Sonic with Attraction Shield + Enlargement beam= MONSTAR)

srb21286.png

srb21285.png

This thingy.
srb21281.png

All of the rings on this red "meteorite" are undeafed. And I'm pretty sure gravity- flipped rings can be deafed, because I've seen some that are.
srb21279.png

I'm pretty sure that's the same issue from the screenshots before, but still...

srb21273.png

Most emblems in Tortured Planet aren't deafed, as this one.

srb21267.png

So, there's this waterfall with an Armageddon shield and a ring box.

srb21268.png

This happens when I turn to the right while in the waterfall.
srb21269.png

This happens when I continue turning right.

srb21251.png

What's here? An un-attacking boss. I've also seen this in LGZ3. When these bosses are at pinch- mode, they don't even attack or turn around to face the player. They just surface and... Nothing. You can jump on them to kill them without any "pinch mode" challange.

srb21245.png

Are they even sepuse to be a threat? I mean, I tried standing on the edge, they're still too far to shoot me.
MB won't lemme post more than 20 images, So I guess this forces a double- post.

Last edited:
Part 2 *flashy dance*
srb21234.png

Ugh, my Tortured Planet won't work!

Lmao. This had been requested, you gotta admit. Again, screenshot time:
srb21239.png

This happens in the library in AAZ2.

srb21241.png

It worsens the more you move in a certain direction.

srb21237.png

So, in AAZ2 (or 1?), in this place in 2D, you get springed from up to this place, where FaceStabbers await you. And since you were launched by a spring, you can't even shield yourself from losing rings.

srb21224.png

There is no escape from AAZ's token place. Too high.

srb21223.png

The startpoint in AAZ isn't well angeled. A bit more to the left, please!
srb21200.png

Just for the heck of it, this is where LGZ2's emblem's sepuse to be, right?

srb21195.png

Not sure its something you can fix, but thokfesting around while in this phase makes something crazy: The lazer appears in a place before the cannon thing even gets to it.

srb21192.png

srb21191.png

Whoa, a color changing texture that changes depending on your angle! 1337.

srb21188.png

If you look at the Blech Bouncer's head, you can definatly see... Something. I'm not sure what those "vibrations" in FSZ2 are. It's like there's an earthquake or something.

srb21185.png

So, in this room, on one of the floors, theres:

srb21184.png

This.

srb21181.png

In Sonic's emblem in SNZ2.

srb21180.png

It worsens.

srb21178.png

Some more.
srb21168.png

I see box!

srb21165.png

This crack is actually big enough to be enterable, but has no escapes. You can't even suicide in it. I'm pretty sure its SNZ1.

This settles the 2nd Bug report. Took about an hour to get the images to work right, and stuff... Hope it was worth it.

Last edited:
Time for a mass response!

Dude's stuck. Move him from that wooden log thing.
Fixed.

Too many rings in SWZ3= Going Super, making this ridicously easy. Reduce the rings on each platform to 3 instead of 8, so the max amount of rings will be 48. Not enough for Super.
Won't fix. If you got the Emeralds, you should have this privilege.

This happens around one of the gravity pillars in SWZ, I can't remember which one. It also happens when your not dead, of course, I just couldn't get a correct screenshot.
Not sure what that is, but I did some major-league tune-ups to SWZ in terms of graphical errors. Odds are it's already fixed.

Are these bouncy thing even neccesary? They're ugly, and there's really nothing to convince me to step on the red death floor, so they're pretty much useless.
I kinda like 'em, personally.

No comment.
Software Mode error. Can't fix.

Shouldn't there be a glass on this side too? You know, just so lil' kids won't try seeing if these cubes are touch-able and then causing you to get thrown to death. *Whistles*
Excellent point. Changed.

That whole area of SWZ2 has been totally transformed. Those HOMs are long gone.

Please tell me there's a way to change the color of the enlarging ray. This looks like one giant redwall. (Also, Super Sonic with Attraction Shield + Enlargement beam= MONSTAR)
Intentional. But in the interests of democracy, would anyone else like to see that changed to another color?

This thingy.
Already fixed.

All of the rings on this red "meteorite" are undeafed. And I'm pretty sure gravity- flipped rings can be deafed, because I've seen some that are.
Thanks for telling me--taken care of.

BTW, forgive my nerdy mind, but:

Object in space = meteoroid
Object falling through a planet's atmosphere = meteor
Object on planet's surface which came from space = meteorite

I'm pretty sure that's the same issue from the screenshots before, but still...
It is. Again, already fixed.

Most emblems in Tortured Planet aren't deafed, as this one.
You can't "deaf" an Emblem, for the simple reason that Emblems aren't Things. Their coordinates are specified in the MAINCFG. However, I'm way ahead of you--this was already corrected.

So, there's this waterfall with an Armageddon shield and a ring box.
So, what?

This happens when I turn to the right while in the waterfall.
The SRB2 camera is to blame for that, I think.

This happens when I continue turning right.
Ditto.

What's here? An un-attacking boss. I've also seen this in LGZ3. When these bosses are at pinch- mode, they don't even attack or turn around to face the player. They just surface and... Nothing. You can jump on them to kill them without any "pinch mode" challange.
IIRC, the boss in DSZ3 does this too. If I'm wrong about that, I have no idea how to make him do something, particularly since AAZ3 was a copypaste of DSZ3 with all the aesthetics changed.

Are they even sepuse to be a threat? I mean, I tried standing on the edge, they're still too far to shoot me.
No, they're just for decoration. That area is even more decorative in the new version, actually.

This happens in the library in AAZ2. It worsens the more you move in a certain direction.
Already fixed. But oh man, you wouldn't BELIEVE how hard it was to get rid of that HOM.

So, in AAZ2 (or 1?), in this place in 2D, you get springed from up to this place, where FaceStabbers await you. And since you were launched by a spring, you can't even shield yourself from losing rings.
You're quite right; I've known about it for a while, but ignored it. It's high time that was fixed--which it now has been.

There is no escape from AAZ's token place. Too high.
Yikes, how could I not have noticed that? Fixed.

The startpoint in AAZ isn't well angeled. A bit more to the left, please!
No can do, I'm afraid, thanks to a camera glitch in SRB2. The camera would stay angled that way even if the startpoint wasn't, and I feel that this way is the lesser of two evils.

Just for the heck of it, this is where LGZ2's emblem's sepuse to be, right?
Yes, and as of v9.0, that is where it will be.

Not sure its something you can fix, but thokfesting around while in this phase makes something crazy: The lazer appears in a place before the cannon thing even gets to it.
You're right, I can't fix it. This also happens in the original from ERZ2.

Whoa, a color changing texture that changes depending on your angle! 1337.
Software Mode glitch. Unfixable.

If you look at the Blech Bouncer's head, you can definatly see... Something. I'm not sure what those "vibrations" in FSZ2 are. It's like there's an earthquake or something.
http://wiki.srb2.org/wiki/Linedef_Type_13

So, in this room, on one of the floors, theres: This. In Sonic's emblem in SNZ2. It worsens. Some more. I see box!
IIRC, that's all to do with missing textures, and I fixed every missing texture in Tortured Planet.

This crack is actually big enough to be enterable, but has no escapes. You can't even suicide in it. I'm pretty sure its SNZ1.
I'll get on that soon, but I have something else to do right now.

About the DSZ3 boss used in LGZ3 and AAZ3, maybe you can make it so when it goes pinch some enemies appear to defend it (Snailers, popup turrets, lazer turrets, you know). That way, it isn't defenseless.

MUSIC UPDATE

Sorry, no new tunes, but I'm just popping in to say that I HAVE been working, even if I haven't finished anything recently. I've been more jumping around between songs, making progress, but spread out between a lot of them.

I've got ECZ2 almost done, I just need to finish up the last phrase of it and do some mixing.

LGZ1
was coming along well, at first, and I thought I was doing an awesome job, but then I changed my mind, and now I hate it. >:(
Not sure what I'm gonna do about that right now, I'll probably start from scratch, but if you want, FFF, I could send you it and tell me if you like where I was going with it.

SSZ is also pretty far along, but I've ran out of inspiration for that at the moment, I'll pick it up again later. What I do have I like though, and I think you will too.

I've also started work on the cutscene theme, which I was suddenly struck with inspiration for the other day. It's kind of a heroic "We will not give up" sort of theme. I had some problems with not being able to find any appropriate good quality sounds for it at first, but I think I've ironed that out with some I just got tonight.

Last but not least, is FSZ1, which I finally got some inspiration for. I'm not too far into it, but I've got a clear idea where I'm going with it.

Oh yeah, Fawful, I totally forgot one lil' glitch!

srb21159.png

So in this room right here, there's this glitch. Its not that visual- supportive, you need to play it to understand, but:

srb21161.png

If you use a spring and bump into a wall, you keep hearing an ice cube shatter noise. I guess it's because there's an ice cube inside the wall, unshatterable. The only fix I can find is to remove the ice cube that's inside the wall, obviously.

Well, I finally finished all of the levels, haven't bothered to get the emblems or emeralds yet but I'll get them soon. As for the WAD well...

...I know everyone's gonna hate me for saying this but...

This is my favorite map pack, ever. I personally think it's better than Mystic Realm by a long shot. (Then again, that isn't saying too much, considering how outdated that WAD is.) I can see the massive amounts of effort, detail, gameplay, and gimmicks put into this. Also, another thing to point out:

These maps are fecking hard, mostly once you get further into the pack. (Please note that I played this as Sonic, kthx.) I got a LOT of game overs trying to beat this, but it was worth every second. One thing that bugged me was how MASSIVE the levels were, which can be good or bad in a sense. For one thing, it makes getting game overs a lot more annoying than it should be. But looking around at how in-depth the levels are is truly awesome.

Overall this gets a 9.7/10 from me, a truly inspiring and original level pack. Good job Fawfulfan.
Now, let the flaming commence.

MUSIC UPDATE

Sorry, no new tunes, but I'm just popping in to say that I HAVE been working, even if I haven't finished anything recently. I've been more jumping around between songs, making progress, but spread out between a lot of them.

I've got ECZ2 almost done, I just need to finish up the last phrase of it and do some mixing.

LGZ1
was coming along well, at first, and I thought I was doing an awesome job, but then I changed my mind, and now I hate it. >:(
Not sure what I'm gonna do about that right now, I'll probably start from scratch, but if you want, FFF, I could send you it and tell me if you like where I was going with it.

SSZ is also pretty far along, but I've ran out of inspiration for that at the moment, I'll pick it up again later. What I do have I like though, and I think you will too.

I've also started work on the cutscene theme, which I was suddenly struck with inspiration for the other day. It's kind of a heroic "We will not give up" sort of theme. I had some problems with not being able to find any appropriate good quality sounds for it at first, but I think I've ironed that out with some I just got tonight.

Last but not least, is FSZ1, which I finally got some inspiration for. I'm not too far into it, but I've got a clear idea where I'm going with it.

Glad to hear it's all been coming along well. And yes, please do send me LGZ1, I'll make the call on whether it's worth finishing or not. Preferably today, because tomorrow is when I head back to college and I'll be quite busy.

@Metal-Rawr, about that glitch, I was already aware of it but I have no solution. I've done some checking and as far as I can see there are no ice blocks stuck inside walls. It might be a glitch in the way SRB2 processes control sectors, because I set it up in the unusual everything-is-joined-together way that it was in DSZ2. Then again, I'm not sure I ever encountered this in DSZ2.

Last edited:
Oh yeah, Fawful, I totally forgot one lil' glitch!

*snip*

So in this room right here, there's this glitch. Its not that visual- supportive, you need to play it to understand, but:

*snip*

If you use a spring and bump into a wall, you keep hearing an ice cube shatter noise. I guess it's because there's an ice cube inside the wall, unshatterable. The only fix I can find is to remove the ice cube that's inside the wall, obviously.

This is a known bug with breakable blocks. There isn't a cube inside the wall at all, but the block that was there will invisibly reshatter. Did you see any shards from breaking it?

@Fawfulfan: Deep Sea Zone 2 was where this glitch was first discovered.

A present? Already?

Cutscene Theme

I'm pretty proud of it. It's my first song to use the orchestral sounds I mentioned earlier. The song itself has a bit of medieval feel to it, but I felt that it kind of made a good main theme for Tortured planet, with Dr. Robotnik's castles on the Alien World. I'm gonna probably use the theme in this as the Tortured Planet Theme song. Of course, I'll do it up a bit for the title screen and any other places I need to use it.

Oh, and if you listen with headphones, it's got some nice panning in it that will stick out a lot more than with speakers.

Last edited:
A present? Already?

Cutscene Theme

I'm pretty proud of it. It's my first song to use the orchestral sounds I mentioned earlier. The song itself has a bit of medieval feel to it, but I felt that it kind of made a good main theme for Tortured planet, with Dr. Robotnik's castles on the Alien World. I'm gonna probably use the theme in this as the Tortured Planet Theme song. Of course, I'll do it up a bit for the title screen and any other places I need to use it.

Oh, and if you listen with headphones, it's got some nice panning in it that will stick out a lot more than with speakers.
I dunno. Its a bit unfitting and long for a cutscene theme that people usually skip before the song even plays, it'd really be a shame to see such great and hard work get shunned aside. Maybe It'd fit more in Alien Armageddon Zone?

I personally think it fits a lot better than the tune Fawfulfan currently uses. Good job Chary. (Can I just call you that from now on? Your name is hard to memorize.)

Last edited:
I personally think it fits a lot better than the tune Fawfulfan currently uses.
That's not difficult at all; my current cutscene theme is totally unfitting.

That said, this is fantastic. I'm amazed it's out already, and that you did something so awesome in such a short space of time. And I agree it's a cool idea to remix it for the title and intro themes.

Last edited:
Iceman404 said:
I dunno. Its a bit unfitting and long for a cutscene theme that people usually skip before the song even plays, it'd really be a shame to see such great and hard work get shunned aside. Maybe It'd fit more in Alien Armageddon Zone?

Since when can you skip the cutscenes? O_O

I'm always impatiently jamming the space bar on ones I've already seen, and staring at the message "You can't pause here"
As for it being too long? I don't know about that. It's only 1:07 long, and some of the cutscenes I think are probably about that long.

Jeck said:
It feels too... Zelda. Doesn't seem to fit for a cut-scene.

That's a valid complaint... But we already discussed this problem earlier in the thread. Seeing as this is my first serious music project, I'm having a bit of trouble making the tracks all homogenous with the game and each other. But not being fit for a cutscene? I can't really understand that. It certainly wouldn't fit in a level IMO.

Bbop800 said:
(Can I just call you that from now on?)

Preferably Charyb. Chary just sounds too much like Cheri and stuff. :D

Glad you like it Fawfulfan! I had a fun time making this one!

Hey Fawfulfan, I found a Glitch.
srb20028.png
That moving wall thing is intangible on the top. Meaning anyone who can make it the hight of a double jump can go through it. (Tails can fly through, knuckles can climb it and go through, etc.)

The moving platforms on GCZ make a wierd shadow on the sand (ground)...
Oh yeah, and can we see more of the "slapping" walls in GCZ in other zones? I think another place such gimmick/thing would fit in is FMZ. Just with a diffrent texture, of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back