Spriting help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, I am just new to this character creating thing, but I managed to put main details down, like what the ability and speed is. In other words, the S_SKIN1. But I never sprited in my life, so I don't know what to do next. That is why I need help on making the wad file work. So I can finally finish on this project.

Well to make it work if you use xwe like me you must have a front,back,left side, and right side view of the sprite, and then you must have sprites showing the sprite running and a sprite showing him jumping and everything etc. mostly stuff that other charater wads do.

p.s. don't ask me about rendering sprites 3d cause to tell the truth I don't even know how I just know how to find sprites. but as of right now i am working on a recky charater wad.

Jade Prower said:
Ok, I am just new to this character creating thing, but I managed to put main details down, like what the ability and speed is. In other words, the S_SKIN1. But I never sprited in my life, so I don't know what to do next. That is why I need help on making the wad file work. So I can finally finish on this project.

Answer: Don't make characters if you can't sprite.

Trust me, it's a bad idea. Spriting is very tedious work. I would recommend a level for a first WAD, or maybe an enemy sprite replacement.

Well, there was one other thing I forgot to mention. I would love to learn how to sprite, but need a free spriting tool, so I can sprite things on my own.

A recolor of existing WADs would also work. I mean, my personal character as well as my SRB2-Playah wad (which sucks completely, it screwed up my SRB2) are edits of Sonic sprites.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back