Bad luck on pokemon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chrispy

Developer
Sonic Team Junior
Mkay well I just decided to play Pokemon Emerald for old times sake and whatnot and I restart the game, change my name, meet my rival, get my mudkip and go to save Prof. Birch and as I get into the battle with zigzagoon I get the worst luck
it was shiny
and I had no pokeballs or any way of getting any at that point of the game
SHINY
>.<
From what I've heard theres about a 1 in 8000 chance of seeing a shiny pokemon in the newer games
And I just so happen to see one in the 1st battle
D:

You think thats bad, my sister found a shiny butterfree in her Pokemon gold version. It wiped out her whole team. Are shinies at a higher level than the normal pokemon.

Well, I had good luck!

Right after I started to get Pokeballs in Pearl, I got myself a shiny Bidoof! I later evolved it to Bibarel. Of course, my brother has a shiny Weepinbell and a shiny Meditite. T_T You just have to get lucky (and have plenty of Pokeballs when you do; man, that's just way too bad, dude).

Isn't there a much easier way to get shinies in DiamondPearl?

It's not a challenge anymore :/

That is incorrect. Effort values are the points you gain by knocking out opponents. You are talking about IVs, or individual values, which are the random numbers that make different wild Pokemon caught have different statistics. However, in 2nd generation (GSC), shiny Pokemon had specific (not maxed) IVs, and only were slightly above average. Read this for more information if you're curious: http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Alternate_coloration

In 3rd and 4th gen, shiny does absolutely nothing to the stats of a Pokemon in any way. Odds are 1 in 8192. I have a single shiny and have been playing 3rd and 4th gen for about 700-800 hours, so it's not likely by any stretch of the imagination.

The only Shiny I've ever caught save for the Red Gyarados in Gold (Which doesn't count since everyone has a chance to get it easily) was a Shiny Pelilpper in Sapphire.

The following shinies I caught in Emerald are.
Shiny Cacnea
Shiny Sudowoodo

In Leaf Green
Shiny Dragonair
Shiny Moltres

In Sapphire
Shiny Latios

Those are who I caught without cheating in the game. It is all depending on pot luck. My sister found a Shiny Lugia in her pokemon Silver copy. Too bad she fainted it in a critical hit move. But she caught a Shiny Zubat, and Magnemite.

I just caught a shiny Giratina with a pokeball. I didn't hurt it beforehand.

I don't have an AR, the last one I had broke a couple of years ago. Before Diamond and Pearl came out.

I've had a shiny Spearow on my Fire Red version, I think I've now transferred it to my Pearl version. I've also had a shiny Tentacool on my Ruby version, but it's too bad that my Ruby version is lost now...

Also, Jacy wins this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back