Good lesson for sega

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have read posts over the internet that says they are tired of new characters in sonic games. If any thing, Sega Japan should take a lesson from archie comics because they always use the same characters, am i right?

...no?

The Knuckles story from Archie Comics had tons of characters that were just there to be in the comics. They never appeared in the games or anything.

Archie comics have too many Characters, and Tails and Knuckles don't get the credit they deserve in Archie comics.

No i mean is seemed to me that they are replacing some of the old characters, even one time characters are used in the Archie comics, like Bark, Bean and Fang. and it seems Amy and the others are being replaced.
I started to take notice of that after looking at a similar post on the forum.

Uhh... Taking out new characters? Sorry, but that might not help. I judge a game by the gameplay, not by the characters. I think people should stop whining about new characters. If you don't like them, don't play the game!

Well, SEGA is failing in both departments, so it doesn't really matter, now does it?

Also, moving to Video Gaming where this belongs.

I didn't think it was possible to have stories that are more full of crap than Sega's apparently Archie has made it possible...
cover.png
Ditch this crap. By the way on that paper it says "Marriage of Princess Sally" cry me a river, oh wait he already is. Good work Archie.

JigglyWiggly said:
cover.png

Ditch this crap. By the way on that paper it says "Marriage of Princess Sally" cry me a river, oh wait he already is. Good work Archie.
Wait, this doesn't make any sense. What does it have to do with the topic?

What I find more annoying than the addition of new characters, is that fanboys have gotten to the point that they seem to thing "new characters = bad"

I personally have no problem with characters like Tikal and Shara who show up for one game, for one original storyline, then are never heard from again. I'd just prefer that more of the new characters would follow that formula.

JigglyWiggly said:
I didn't think it was possible to have stories that are more full of crap than Sega's apparently Archie has made it possible...

I have a very limited knowledge about comics but don't they usually end up getting awfully weird and taking the characters into some of the strangest places? I remember looking up some stuff regarding Spidey 3 and being surprised that the stuff from the comics almost sounded worse than the movie. (which I hated) It may not be true to Sonic, but I'd be willing to bet its true to the comic style... which, by the way, is imo an important reason why continuities probably shouldn't bridge or draw from the others.

Draykon said:
I personally have no problem with characters like Tikal and Shara who show up for one game, for one original storyline, then are never heard from again. I'd just prefer that more of the new characters would follow that formula.

I personally wouldn't mind the large cast if they were all developed properly and a proper amount of attention would be given to the old characters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back