My suggestions

Status
Not open for further replies.
How do you expect it to work in netgames when it doesn't even work with the chasecam off? :P

When your control is based on the camera and you don't have a camera, how will you control it? In netgames, you don't know where everyone else's chasecam is, so if they move based on their non-existant camera, you'll probably get consistency failures everywhere.

Because that's how analog control works, that's how it's ALWAYS worked. Heck, in Sonic Adventure, when you play as Sonic and Tails and move Tails around, he moves based on Sonic's camera.

If it moved based on direction instead of the camera, then you'd end up moving in stupid ways that ignore your view completely. To see what I mean, rotate the camera about a quarter turn and try to move without analog enabled. If the movement was based on the camera and you pressed strafe right, you'd move right. If the movement was based on direction and you pressed strafe right, you'd move toward the camera.

Basically, adding analog control to netgames is possible, but it would add even MORE crap to the already laggy and buggy netcode, something we really don't want to do.

It's more then 16 directions if you turn on an angle a lot, causing the camera to move around, moving all your directions. And on a keyboard it's only 8 directions because you don't have diagonal keys. All the same, I've found it quite easy to control with a gamepad, even gliding.

Just cause the sprite rotates on certain degrees doesn't mean he moves in that exact direction. It's 360 degree movement from my experiments, and yes it's a lot better with analog control; I can play on keyboard too but it isn't nearly as enjoyable!

To tell the truth, I've felt Sonic's acceleration is a little bit fast myself. One of the things I had wanted to do with SASRB2 was slow down his acceleration a little tiny bit, but sonic.plr has no s_skin and hex editing scares me =P

Just make an sasonic.plr, Blaze. And change the character select menu.

I think he wants Super Sonic or somethin'.

BTW, analog really annoys me in that the camera rotates when you head left or right. It's okay on the PC, but I'd love it if you could turn that off in the DC version. Maybe you could make a "semi-on" option for the "Don't change camera angle" option, so that rotating the camera with the specific camera rotation buttons will work, but rotating it with the turn buttons won't? That way, if I want to change the camera angle, I can do it manually.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back