SRB2 Message Board  

Go Back   SRB2 Message Board > Off-Topic > General Discussion

Old 10-30-2017   #21
CobaltBW
I do things sometimes

I have ADHD-PI (I was only diagnosed recently this summer), which makes me prone to distraction and daydreams at any given moment, trains of thought that have long since passed their station, and absolute hyper-focus on passion projects and videogames. My life absolutely has to be organized on a spreadsheet. To illustrate how distracted I am, I was planning on getting up this morning, checking my email for a minute, and then getting the rest of my day rolling. It's been almost a couple hours (+30 minutes since the time of editing this) and here I am posting on forums. This happens pretty much every other morning, it seems like. I've lost shoes, sweatshirts, backpacks, books, sunglasses, I've driven an hour to work without my boots -- hell, I once walked out of a bowling alley with my bowling shoes still on, and it took a friend to notice before I actually walked back in and returned them.

Fun times. Not really, though.

I wouldn't be surprised if my ADD is also partly responsible for my tastes in music -- the more complicated or unusual the piece is, the longer I can dwell on it. This is one of the first tunes I ever got hooked into, and I swear I only played the game when I was like 3 or 4 at the time. I've memorized just about every videogame tune I've ever heard, I listen to every type of music except whatever's currently mainstream (e.g. prog rock, chiptune, jazz fusion, classical, classic hits; not dubstep, pop, rnb, etc.), and I whistle pretty much all the time.

Also, I'm left-handed, I like getting into debates with people, I have a weird aversion for any clothing with insignia on it, and I'm almost exclusively into fat chicks. So I guess those things are all pretty weird.

Also am I the only one who has their Windows display set to 150% magnification? Like holy shit, I just did this a couple days ago and now it feels like I can actually back away from my computer screen a little bit.

Check out my soundcloud profile for music stuff

Last edited by CobaltBW; 10-30-2017 at 06:39 PM.
CobaltBW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2017   #22
Jazzz
Crazy Cat Guy

My love for felines.

Really, I admire these creatures, a lot.
Jazzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2017   #23
Dumi

I like bruxing to the song that plays in Little Women composed by Max Steiner.
It's a odd habit I do when bored.
Old 10-31-2017   #24
"Lat'"
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

I generally avoid any kind of social interaction, yet I don't like being left alone either, so I uh... kind of awkwardly end up being around people without really talking unless someone asks me something.
which isn't a problem at home since by my standards a cat can totally replace a person.
"Lat'" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2017   #25
Yoshirocks90
Eh, maybe later.

Quote:
Originally Posted by "Lat'" View Post
I generally avoid any kind of social interaction, yet I don't like being left alone either, so I uh... kind of awkwardly end up being around people without really talking unless someone asks me something.
which isn't a problem at home since by my standards a cat can totally replace a person.
Yeah, I used to be like that. I've gotten better with people, so I'm more open now, though.

Last edited by Yoshirocks90; 10-31-2017 at 09:09 PM.
Yoshirocks90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2017   #26
Sapheros
That guy that ports

I love video games too much, so much that my own walking cycles try to imitate the walking cycle of a video game character like Sonic, Megaman, Mario, Pokemon's Avatar character... etc.

Somehow I'm still seen as a normal human being. Life is truly mysterious.
Old 10-31-2017   #27
Ice
Pretty chill guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapheros View Post
I love video games too much, so much that my own walking cycles try to imitate the walking cycle of a video game character like Sonic, Megaman, Mario, Pokemon's Avatar character... etc.

I used to walk around in middle school scowling and folding my arms pretending I looked like Shadow the Hedgehog. Those were cringier days D:
Old 10-31-2017   #28
Yoshirocks90
Eh, maybe later.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapheros View Post

Wait... how exactly DO you walk like Sonic? I guess I've never really thought about it.
Old 10-31-2017   #29
Sapheros
That guy that ports

To sum it up, this is how I like to get to my class on time within five minutes.
Old 10-31-2017   #30
Natalie11111
Obscure JRPG lover

I'd say i'm a very strange person, I uh, I tend to jump around wildly when my imagination kicks in, and i have to will myself not to do it and its hard, and i tend to just sleep on the floor at times and when i sleep on my bed i thrash, and my memory can be short for a lot of things but i remember a lot about my ages 3 4 and 5 for some reason.
Old 10-31-2017   #31
Yoshirocks90
Eh, maybe later.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natalie11111
I tend to jump around wildly when my imagination kicks in
I used to be like that... I actually kind of miss it.
Old 11-01-2017   #32
Katwover
typicality nonsensical

I eat M&Mís in a particular order of colors every time. Blue, green, red, orange, yellow, black (brown apparently?).

This is a practice that has been going on for about eleven years at this point, and is one that actually originated from one of the first times I watched Cars, that Pixar movie, being that, the first three colors are in an order that corresponded with the way, in the beginning of the movie, I saw the characters The King, Chick Hicks, and Lightning McQueen, respectively, were lined up during the race scene
Old 11-01-2017   #33
MrBreada
there's phone service here?

Woah, Cobalt. We actually have a lot in common. Because I too have ADHD, lose stuff to the max, and am left handed. Glad I'm not the only one who deals with these issues.
Old 11-01-2017   #34
CobaltBW
I do things sometimes

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBreada View Post
Woah, Cobalt. We actually have a lot in common. Because I too have ADHD, lose stuff to the max, and am left handed. Glad I'm not the only one who deals with these issues.
Fun, isn't it?

Now that I'm on medication (finally) it's easier to deal with, but I still have the problem of hyper-focusing, which is what causes me to lose track of time.

Old 11-01-2017   #35
Ors
Custom User Title

I get easily distracted and might start daydreaming anywhere. Sometimes during a conversation, which causes a little trouble every now and then. It might have something to do with the need to over analyze everything. I continuously lose my stuff and sometimes forget about duties until I hear about them from people who remember.

Some times I do some terrible choices due to underestimating the bad consequences. It has, in some cases, made other people do my choices sometimes without even asking. (which I'm very thankful for)

What others can see about me is that I can't focus for long at something that isn't interesting. I actually admire almost the rest of my class in school who can sit still without anything to do, except for listening to the teacher, for a whole lesson.

I also continuously make people crazy with my slow and twitchy style of talk with some non-existing words. Can't blame them.

Last edited by Ors; 11-02-2017 at 04:16 AM. Reason: grammar
Ors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2017   #36
CobaltBW
I do things sometimes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ors View Post
I get easily distracted and might start daydreaming anywhere. Sometimes during a conversation, which causes a little trouble every now and then. It might have something to do with the need to over analyze everything. I continuously lose my stuff and sometimes forget about duties until I hear about them from people who remember.

[...]

What others can see about me is that I can't focus for long at something that isn't interesting. I actually admire almost the rest of my class in school who can sit still without anything to do, except for listening to the teacher, for a whole lesson.
This is also textbook ADHD-PI, lol. Trust me, I'm exactly the same way

Guess the condition's not that uncommon around here (not that I'm surprised)

Old 11-01-2017   #37
Ors
Custom User Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by CobaltBW View Post
This is also textbook ADHD-PI, lol. Trust me, I'm exactly the same way

Guess the condition's not that uncommon around here (not that I'm surprised)
You guessed ADHD right. I didn't put the diagnosis into the post though. It feels a little weird in public. It was a kind of a relief to see your and MrBreada's posts though. I can be more convinced that it's not that uncommon, which you were saying.

Last edited by Ors; 11-01-2017 at 09:00 PM.
Ors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2017   #38
Yoshirocks90
Eh, maybe later.

Not sure if it's PI, but I also have ADHD. Had it from a young age. Watch that medication; if it's like the one I was on, it could cause depression.
Old 11-01-2017   #39
CobaltBW
I do things sometimes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoshirocks90 View Post
Not sure if it's PI, but I also have ADHD. Had it from a young age. Watch that medication; if it's like the one I was on, it could cause depression.
The three main types are Primarily Inattentive (PI), Primarily Hyperactive-Impulsive (HI), and Combined (ADHD-C, which is the most common).

Everyone has it a little differently though, so it's possible to be mainly one type but still have one or two symptoms on the other side of the spectrum (anyone would tell you I'm pretty spacious, but I like to fidget, pace, and shake my legs/feet subconsiously, which is a hyperactivity trait).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ors View Post
You guessed ADHD right. I didn't put the diagnosis into the post though. It feels a little weird in public. It was a kind of a relief to see your and MrBreada's posts though. I can be more convinced that it's not that uncommon, which you were saying.
It's actually really common -- just checked the numbers and it apparently the diagnosis statistics were about 10% of all kids/teens.

Honestly it seems like this percentage is growing every time I read it, so the number is probably bigger than that due to under-diagnosis. Again, I didn't even get a diagnosis until half a year ago, and I'm 25.

Last edited by CobaltBW; 11-02-2017 at 08:30 AM. Reason: fixed acronyms
Old 11-01-2017   #40
Yoshirocks90
Eh, maybe later.

Hm... I occasionally start shaking my leg, and i often get pretty hyped for no apparent reason, although it seems to sometimes be caused by being in low temperatures or being hungry. I do also have issues focussing sometimes, too.