Chat-activated scripts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jazz

I run a dedicated server relatively often, and I also wind up leaving it unattended for hours at a time, so I was wondering how I could go about doing this:

I'm using a wadfile that contains commands to show the users on the server a rule list. However I'd like to make a script to enforce some of these rules while I'm away. Such as auto-kicking people who curse, spam chat or /me, ask for admin, etc.

I do know a bit about scripting, but not enough to help me with something like this. Help would be very much appreciated. :)

Jazz said:
I run a dedicated server relatively often, and I also wind up leaving it unattended for hours at a time, so I was wondering how I could go about doing this.

Why not take a break, or just verify someone you can trust to keep people in line?

Meh, I thought I heard of FuriousFox being able to do something similar. I guess I'm off to the suggestions department...

FF uses an external program to check through the logs, hence why there's no confirmation message when you log in. No actual scripting is involved.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back