Lava Lake (Match/Tag)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jazz

After a bit more work on other maps, I came up with this idea.

The map consists of three different islands surrounded by a deep lava lake. Each island has different attributes and ring weapons, so each player must utilize all islands in order to achieve domination over the other players.

This is a Rail/Auto/Bomb map. Each island has two spawns of a different ring weapon. Also note that under there are Infinity ring spawns hidden somewhere on the map. Players who collect all four ring types... :D

*NOTE* This map replaces MAP97 (Zim's Base Zone) *NOTE*

Screenshots:

Inside a cavern:

View across islands:

Second island:

Another view across islands:

Download Link:
http://www.sendspace.com/file/olmeih

As usual, suggestions/comments are greatly appreciated.

Happy Hunting!

Looks great! I'll have to try it on my Windows though. Right now, on my Mac, all I see are purple shadows and green water. :P

That's strange, you'd think that the colors of images would be the same, whether you used a MAC or a PC...

Red Volcano Zone Syndrome: It's hard to get out of the lava as Sonic, and possibly Tails and Knux if they don't have red sheild. Also, I don't think it's good to have 3(?) Infinite rings. I've only found two, but I assume there's one for each island. Otherwise, this is a good map.

The whole point of having red shields on the map is to help players get out of the lava. If you don't have one, you're (supposed to be) screwed. All characters are able to escape the lava without a shield, either rush to the surface as Tails/Knuckles, or rush for a teleport as Sonic. Its just easier if you have a shield.

As far as the infinity rings go, if you are using normal respawntime, by the time you grab all three (there are three) infinity rings, you'll likely have only 15-20 seconds of it anyway...

Jazz said:
That's strange, you'd think that the colors of images would be the same, whether you used a MAC or a PC...

It's not as strange as the random holes in the floor. Really sometimes I like the weird bugs. In THZ 1 and 2 instead of a purple color map it's green. It's nice to see a green color map when you add SA-SRB2XMAS.wad.

Oh, I thought you were talking about viewing the screenshots, not playing the game on a MAC...

It don't like it... The springs are poorly placed, and the lake should be death pit, instead of waiting to drown.

If the lake was a death pit, you wouldn't be able to reach the infinity rings hidden inside the various "safe zones" under the lava.

Also, do you mind telling me how I may better place my springs?

Blue springs wouldn't launch him high enough. Theres already quite a number of blue springs down there to launch players to different levels on the underlava ridge. Maybe put a triangle of yellow springs in the middle of the lava floor?

Jazz said:
Blue springs wouldn't launch him high enough. Theres already quite a number of blue springs down there to launch players to different levels on the underlava ridge. Maybe put a triangle of yellow springs in the middle of the lava floor?

Yeah, try yellow springs, since they are pretty strong underwater, and can propel you high enough out of the lava. (Also depends how high the lava is)

If I remember correctly, the height between the first underlava ridge and the surface is 768. Yellow springs should do quite nicely.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back