Android smartphones

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fawfulfan

The Tortured Planet guy
I just got a Droid Incredible yesterday, and I've been exploring its capabilities. I still have to get used to this virtual keyboard, but it is amazingly cool. I am using it to make this post, in fact.

Do any of you guys have one of these? What do you think of them?

I wish Android made it easier to develop native apps.

Ditto on WiPho7. Such a stupid idea to totally obliterate existing C/C++ codebases.

I wish Android made it easier to develop native apps.

Ditto on WiPho7. Such a stupid idea to totally obliterate existing C/C++ codebases.

Actually, I'd say Windows Mobile has it easiest, you dev in C# on WinMo, which is far less messy than what I tried out yesterday with the iPhone SDK, which had like, 4 files for every existing control making it an absolute bitch to work anything out (I'll learn... =l).

Ironically, Windows Mobile also has the shittiest app library, while iPhone has hands down the best.

Ironically, Windows Mobile also has the shittiest app library, while iPhone has hands down the best.

Though, aren't there TONS more users for the iPhone? It makes sense when you think about it.

Though, aren't there TONS more users for the iPhone? It makes sense when you think about it.

Windows Mobile phones are heavily used in businesses, the company my dad works for buys them in bulk for their workers, so most of them use them, unless they're my dad's boss, in which case they use the iPhone I jailbroke for them... :|

T'was an easy £20, what can I say?

Last edited:
Yeah, It sounds cool but in my opinion the iPhone is better. More apps, and a more fluent interface. Ever since the iPhone other companies have been making a lot of touch screens. The iPhone started the craze for touch screen phones. I don't have either one but I have tried my friend's iPhone, and its AMAZING! I wonder what the new iPhone 4 is like.......

Last edited:
Yeah, It sounds cool but in my opinion the iPhone is better. More apps, and a more fluent interface. Ever since the iPhone other companies have been making a lot of touch screens. The iPhone started the craze for touch screen phones. I don't have either one but I have tried my friend's iPhone, and its AMAZING! I wonder what the new iPhone 4 is like.......

Umm, what?

You know there have been touch screen phones YEARS and YEARS before Apple even THOUGHT of the iPhone?

Yeah I know but............................................... .....

Umm, what?

You know there have been touch screen phones YEARS and YEARS before Apple even THOUGHT of the iPhone?

I know, but after the iPhone, touch screen phones became extremely popular (well at leased a lot more than they were) That's what I meant. The iPhone started the craze, Not the idea.

He's pretty much right there, Callum, Apple set a lot of trends, and the touch screen was one of them, very few used touch screens before the iPhone came along, other than the odd business phone. But, while they weren't the first to use touch screens, they were certainly the first to introduce multi-touch to that market, if not the entire electronic spectrum almost.

It has a very nice bonus that once Apple does it, everyone tries to outdo them at a cheaper price, so I'm rather hopeful for the tablet market really picking up, thanks to the iPad.

I have an iTouch, which basically has the same interface, and I don't have a problem with it. I do, however, hate the fact that the iPhone is its exclusive contract with AT&T. I hate AT&T for its abysmal customer service, as does my entire family. They once continued to charge my mom even after she got off their plan, then tried to make it look like it was her fault. I've even met a former AT&T employee who resigned in protest of the way they treat the people on their phone plans. The fact that you can't get an iPhone on a Verizon plan is the primary reason my dad and I never got them, and opted instead for Droid Incredibles.

Also, the new "antenna" bug in the iPhone 4 is utterly ridiculous. I'm not going to 'hold it a different way', as Steve Jobs puts it. That is nothing more than a holier-than-thou attempt to double-talk the blame for Apple's glaring hardware flaws onto its customers.

In short, I'm not going to waste money on a defective device manufactured by a corporation that doesn't give two cents about its customers so that I can use a phone plan provided by a corporation that doesn't give two cents about its customers.

The iTouch solves a lot of that, though. It's not a phone, and it doesn't have the defects of the iPhone, so I like that.

Also, the new "antenna" bug in the iPhone 4 is utterly ridiculous. I'm not going to 'hold it a different way', as Steve Jobs puts it. That is nothing more than a holier-than-thou attempt to double-talk the blame for Apple's glaring hardware flaws onto its customers.

I heard it was just a fault in the way it displayed the signal, and that the signal was actually perfectly fine.

Also, your iPhones are still AT&T locked? Ouch, it's open to every network here, getting mine on Vodafone, still going to Jailbreak it though.

Lucky...

I like the Blackberry Storm. I was never a fan of Apple, as I never liked there products for different reasons...

Anyway, my friend has a blackberry, and it's very easy to use. I just get occasionally get annoyed at the clicking touch screen when I'm trying to go fast. But other than that, it's good. I still want a Droid, though...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back