• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

= Samus Aran = Pre-release testers wanted!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Golden Shine

Speeding Gleam
Long story short, I've finished a Samus Aran wad about a year back after feeling inspired from playing Metroid Dreadnought, meaning to keep it's release scheduled for 2.2. Well, it turns out I've changed my mind! Let's make it happen for 2.1!

Before I release it, I'll need to capture some multiplayer footage for a trailer, and test the wad out in a large-scale server environment so I can make some balance tweaks or perhaps bugfixes if needed! Using Samus drastically changes the game's playstyle, so if you need info, this documents everything.(...spoiler warning, I guess?)

EDIT: Testing session's all done! Thanks for coming, everyone! Expect Samus to release early into next week!

Please PM me or reply here(your Discord/Skype would be handy) if this sounds like your thing, I'd like to gather an 8+ Match server! We'll mostly be playing Samus' variation of Match mode, but I'll probably do a quick run through Coop beforehand to get everyone used to Samus.

Attachments

• srb20056.jpg
    srb20056.jpg
    109 KB · Views: 435
  • srb20054.jpg
    srb20054.jpg
    130.3 KB · Views: 443
  • srb20027.jpg
    srb20027.jpg
    170.5 KB · Views: 453
Last edited:
I feel like this is very complex for a game centered around flow and momentum, but it looks similar to Proto, which happens to be one of my favorite character wads of all time. I'm interested to see how much she changes the game. Consider me interested! (Discord is Lach#9444, Skype is cyanpiano)

from playing Metroid Dreadnought

Good taste; one of my favorite Doom mods B)

EDIT: OK I'm now reading the doc and it literally is just Dreadnought in SRB2, I am into this

TehRealSalt#6754 I guess, DM first because I disabled friend requests

Last edited:
I should probably add that the test session will go up either this Tuesday, Wednesday, or Friday at around the same time of this post. (8/9PM GMT) Depends on the majority's preferences!

My own Discord is GoldenShine#9065

Oh my good god yes. Please sign me up. I don't know what my availability's going to be like in terms of netplay, but I have Thursday and Friday off, so maybe either of those days would be good for me? Either way, I'd be glad to give you feedback and pick out any bugs I come across.

God, I'm so fucking psyched that this is a thing. The spritework looks terrific too, if I'm being honest.

Oh yeah Metroid in SRB2!

I've seen so many things with just 3 screenshots, i willing to see this!

Last edited:
Yeeeesss, Prime 4 and a 2D game all at once! Looks like the Samus wad will be a celebration of Metroid rather than a soothing of the pain after all!

samus-returns_178st.jpg

I've just started up the Discord server! Add GoldenShine#9065 if you want to join in, or PM me if you can't but think you can join the netgame itself still.

Yeeeesss, Prime 4 and a 2D game all at once! Looks like the Samus wad will be a celebration of Metroid rather than a soothing of the pain after all!

samus-returns_178st.jpg

I've just started up the Discord server! Add GoldenShine#9065 if you want to join in, or PM me if you can't but think you can join the netgame itself still.

"This instant invite is invalid or expired"

I appreciate the work that has gone into this project, and I am anticipating it heavily. Though could you shrink that image down? It dislikes mobile heavily.

Also, welcome back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back