Linedef Executor Doesn't Work

Status
Not open for further replies.

Metal96

Back with a new wad.

This level is Slicked Launch Zone, which is kind of Metal Harbor + Oil Ocean + Sky Lab in full-2D. The beginning starts inside a rocket, and I want the wall (which starts translucent) and the rockets (translucent as well to so you can see your player) to turn opaque after you exit it. They both do.

But, the wall and rockets should turn translucent again after entering from outside. I set this up, and... only the hull turns translucent. I've checked the tags multiple times now, but to no avail. Please help me.

Screenie of the spot:
slz_start.bmp

The section of platform on the left is my copy-paste template for making the level. The separated one on the right is the beginning of a non-existent ramp.
Link!

It's also got a custom sky (GFZ + Oil Ocean bg ripped by Heavy Metgal) and custom music (Get Edgy!), so... enjoy. Music's looppointed.

Okay, I took a look at your map and you did a good job at using the effect on the hull. You did it by hiding an opaque FOF and revealing a translucent one, and vice versa when you exit the area.

On the other hand, for the rockets you used a completely different process! You only have a translucent FOF for those and then you raise the target sector's floor height to hide the FOF, bringing the target sector's opaque texture to the front. Don't do that, since when you lower the target sector again, the FOF isn't there anymore (I think that's what happens to it).

So anyway, I think you've figured what to do here, just copy what you did on the hull and use an opaque and a translucent FOFs for the rockets, hiding/unhiding them in the same fashion of the hull. Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back