• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

It's time for toaster's titanic technological triumphs (slow internet warning)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sure you can. Prerendered models work great if you're using them as a base, but you're still going to need some strong 2D skills to get them to look presentable. OTHERWISE

if you've seen the stage Skytop for the community project SUGOI, The badnik Neo Drilla used a 3d model to get the body right, and was then sprited over.

...Now I just wonder whether that's a spinning PolyObj (very unlikely in my opinion, considering what it's supposed to be used for, I think) or multiple "paper sprites" spinning around with Sonic. I hope it's the latter.

Yes, it's four paper sprites. Just like the kind I was working on on the previous page, and therefore would want to show off what I was doing with.

Nev3r's very excited.

I already said it but you deserve to see it again; this is beautiful.
...I have nothing else to say, aside from the fact that I'm probably more excited than Nev3r. :P

I'm not the one making minecart gameplay, I just made these visuals happen 'cause it's being worked on behind the scenes.

I don't think Sonic Advance 3/Rush/Unleashed style tricks are a great idea, but maybe a DDR style interface overlay (duck, jump, lean backwards, lean forwards...) would be fun. Maybe I'll ask Red about that.

What about tricks like Mario kart, if you are to lazy to make frame you can steal them from the Riders Mod (with permission of course)

Alright, um, what does the Riders Mod actually have that is salvageable for 2.2?

Every single asset of the mod is incredibly outdated, and because of that, I might even debate if I should bring it to 2.2 (if it's compatible anyways)

Duon is right. For that and a million other reasons, the minecarts will not be having a trick system. This is Classic Sonic - why do you think we'd put time and effort into a pointless gameplay mechanic that's more visuals than anything else?

Duon is right. For that and a million other reasons, the minecarts will not be having a trick system. This is Classic Sonic - why do you think we'd put time and effort into a pointless gameplay mechanic that's more visuals than anything else?

Eye candy not really needed but spices up the gameplay, should I just delete my posts?

Nah, you'll just make the topic hard to follow if you delete those posts. It's okay to have ideas and suggestions, but we DO have a suggestions topic for future use.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back