Problem with frames?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I can't exactly help you at the moment, seeing as i'm at school, but i'll ask these questions...

1. Are the frames that you have done in a complete rotation? (Meaning PLAYA1, PLAYA2A8, PLAYA3A7, PLAYA4A6, PLAY5)

2.Do you have any gaps of missing sprites? (Meaning that a certain frame is done, and then it skips a few frames until it comes to a frame that actually has sprites for it.)

yes .... is missing all the frames. The srb2 not accept frames in PNG format. is just the slumped (or XWE) read this format.
it is easy to resolve it:

1: Open your wad in slumped
2: Select the frames in PNG format.
3: then click the right button and click: convert to> Doom gfx

Check your wad to see if this all right, and retest.

EDIT:you put "OBJECTCF". the right thing to put is "OBJECTCFG"

Last edited:
Well, SLADE 3 is able to do that pretty easily. The problem is that since it is a beta, there are some things you would need to do so it would convert them correctly. I done it for you though, so you don't have to worry about that. Here is the fixed wad http://srb2ffh.supersanctuary.net/321chao.wad. Next time, if you use XWE, just use entry -> load, and it will convert the pictures automatically.

As for the wad itself, it reminds me of that really old chao wad for demo 4. The sprites aren't that great, and could use some better shading in general. Maybe someone else with better art skills can explain the exact areas that you can work on to make it better.

Some of the graphics are too large for what they do. The name sprites and the life icon are way too large. You should see how large they are in official wads (sonic.plr) and rework them to be that size.

Last edited:
I think I am up to the challenge. I need to learn to sprite one way or another so I feel this wad can be good someday. Now I get this error when adding to SRB2:

R_AddSingleSpriteDef: Sprite PLAYA1 frame \ is missing rotations

Help? When I get progress on the chao fix I will make a thread for it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back