Hinotev2.0 Update [11/07/2011]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't see this used many places. A pity, really. Because she's one of few well-designed extra characters (and not OMG SONIC WHO CAN RUN FASTER or TAILS WHO DOESN'T NEED THE SKILL OF STRAFEFLY) to exist in 2.0.

I can never put the effort in to make wads of any kind. (A pity, because I have a concept for a fairly awesome final boss stuck in my head)
So bonus applause.

It's cool but the flare jump sprites look a bit... odd. I thought the old flare jump sprites looked fine.

That's where the old soc comes into play. I'm just trying something different you see.
If it continues to become an issue. I'll change the flare jump back to its original state as v2.0.

That's where the old soc comes into play. I'm just trying something different you see.
If it continues to become an issue. I'll change the flare jump back to its original state as v2.0.
Sorry-I meant old flare jump sprites with fire effect, but you don't need to change them if you don't want to. I can live ;)

Nice update indeed! Though, I dunno, I still have a problem with that ability. Using it kinda makes you a living target... Speeding it up could fix that. Using it now suddenly makes you lose all acceleration and... bleh, I don't wanna be a living target just to get to a lil' high floor, or survive a death pit (if you strafe, or else it's probably too slow and you'll fall)

Sorry-I meant old flare jump sprites with fire effect, but you don't need to change them if you don't want to. I can live ;)

Alright we have tried that long time ago, but Hinote got stuck in a ceiling with the old soc. So it was taken off. The oldsoc.wad is there for a reason for those who prefer the old one :P

Nice update indeed! Though, I dunno, I still have a problem with that ability. Using it kinda makes you a living target... Speeding it up could fix that. Using it now suddenly makes you lose all acceleration and... bleh, I don't wanna be a living target just to get to a lil' high floor, or survive a death pit (if you strafe, or else it's probably too slow and you'll fall)

Thank you! Well, it seems the new ability is slower and more controllable, but the old ability is more of a thok/jump. I would prefer the oldsoc if you don't want to be a living target as it is a little faster. Flare Jump in the first place was an ability where you didn't have a lot of control over (I believe.)

Yeah, one of my favourite fan characters is on tour!

I liked old Hinote, but the new one is 2x better, you did very good job at updating her ;)

I have a suggestion for Hinote, do you think Hinote could spawn a fire trail everytime she spin dashes sorta like how Nitemare does.

I have a suggestion for Hinote, do you think Hinote could spawn a fire trail everytime she spin dashes sorta like how Nitemare does.

Thought that'd certainly be cool, I think it would seriously unbalance her. It's like always having an elemental shield. Imagine the devastation that could cause in a circuit game, or even just a CTF game!

Thought that'd certainly be cool, I think it would seriously unbalance her. It's like always having an elemental shield. Imagine the devastation that could cause in a circuit game, or even just a CTF game!
You're right, but it's an idea. I suggested this because since Hinote uses fire in gameplay, so mabye its an idea. Or at least in her super form she can do that.

well this is actually the best wad out there now, compared to Super Mystic Sonic this wad can actually rival him! I give this wad a 1 billion/1 billion you practically find wads this good out there you know and the design is really original not like Hyper Mystic Shadonic{he doesn't exist anymore if you think about it...}This wad is going to make you famous one day at looking back at SRB2, Great Job!

---------- Post added at 01:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:00 PM ----------

Last edited:
You comparing this to SMS is just sad. I wanna cry now, this wad is too awsome to be compared to that.

You comparing this to SMS is just sad. I wanna cry now, this wad is too awsome to be compared to that.
Because SMS doesn't have a bad reputation he's actually one of the most famous wads on SRB2.

---------- Post added at 03:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:16 AM ----------

You do realize that all of those numbers would just equal 1...right?
yeah what about it?

yeah what about it?
He means that to say 1billion/1billion and 5/5 mean the exact same thing as it's a scale rather than an absolute number.

And since you were so clearly trying to express just how much you love this character wad, using a bigger number the way you have hasn't exactly achieved the "off the scale" effect you intended, again, because it's no different from 5/5 or 10/10

Last edited:
Because SMS doesn't have a bad reputation he's actually one of the most famous wads on SRB2.

SMS is a popular wad in terms of how often the multiplayer community uses it. But in the SRB2MB, SMS is highly looked down upon for being a recolor with extremely overpowered abilities, which is pretty much why casual players use him so much. The wad wouldn't even make it into the submissions just from the recolored aspect alone. Hinote is considered a high-quality character because it's one of those few fan characters that actually work and are completely balanced.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back