i think ''good gametype'' If new version will come

Status
Not open for further replies.

tyrzi

I think this gametype will be good. It's like CTF but no, it's HTF and that means hold the flag, default point limit is 50.
RULES
1. get flag
2. hold it until game is over (1 secound = 1 point)
3. hit your enemy who have flag or try to get your team's flag back.
4. if each teams got a flag, points are not going anywhere.
all are same rules than CTF but not that ''you must stole the flag and bring it for your team's base and do it many times until enemy's team see they don't have any flags left'' this is ''you must stole the flag and hold it until enemy's team think ''we cant get our flag back anymore.''''

Then what's the point of having two flags, really? It makes that gametype more easier.
Something tells me this isn't going to make it, though, since we have already 7 gametypes: Match, Tag, Hide N' Seek, Race, Classic Race, CTF and Coop...
Unless I'm wrong...

Brown the dog said:
Then what's the point of having two flags, really? It makes that gametype more easier.
Something tells me this isn't going to make it, though, since we have already 7 gametypes: Match, Tag, Hide N' Seek, Race, Classic Race, CTF and Coop...
Unless I'm wrong...
well how about hot potato HTF style like same rules that HTF but flag drain points like 1 sec = -1 point and there is 4 flags. Who got a flag, his team lose their points. hot potato starts 50 points each team. Give potato for enemy player and then his/her team lose points if he/she got a flag.

Actually, your first idea was better. I don't think hot potato CTF could easily be programmed.

I had an idea for this i made up for something else.
Here's what it was. :P

"Capture the Orb" (Old name. :P)

There is 1 orb placed around the stage. To get the orb chasing you, you must touch it. When it is chasing another player, you could shoot or touch the player with the orb, to get it for yourself. Every 5 seconds you hold the orb, you gain 2 points, but only 1 point as Sonic. (Because he's good at escaping and has a thok.)

Extra Information:
> Once you aquired the orb, it cannot be re-taken for at least 2 seconds. (Enough time to gain distance from the rest) (Note: If you are shot suring this time, you'll still get hurt, but you will keep the orb.)
> If you hit someone without the orb, they will be frozen in place for a second.
> Best played on MATCH stages. (Howsabout the orb spawning in Emerald Spawns at the start of the match?)
> If the person with the orb falls, they will recieve an X point penalty, and the orb will be given to the nearest person. (NOT respawn, to stop abusing of this feature.)
> First to X points wins!

(Note: Change the orb to something more SRB2-ish.)

Wadda ya think? It's basically an improvised version of the thing said above.

When suggesting gametypes, there are a few things you all seem to forget:

#1: Offense is far stronger than defense in this game, even after the weapon changes. The Grenade Ring would make offense completely impossible in a normal FPS, but in SRB2 it doesn't make much of a difference at all. Any gametype involving defending a point is simply not going to work.
#2: Players can avoid being hit nearly indefinitely. Even without the thok, Sonic can hold the flag for quite a while and avoid getting hit. With such a move, it's basically impossible to get hit short of some bad luck. This means that gametypes that involve a player holding an object and playing keep-away generally don't work in SRB2. This is the reasoning behind removing the double-jump ability from flag runners in CTF.
#3: Gametypes need to be simple. As an example, here is the description of the full text of the CTF design, despite how simple in concept CTF is:

* Grab the flag from the opponent's base and bring it to your own. If your flag is in your base and you touch the ground on your base with the opponent's flag in hand, your team scores a point.
* Team bases have rings and ring monitors that can only be collected by the home team.
* While carrying the flag, that player's double jump move is disabled.
* Super characters cannot hold the flag.

Note how much text is necessary to describe the rules of such a simple gametype, Capture the Flag. It's pretty easily obvious that all the suggestions here are far more complicated in design than CTF. Anything more complicated by design will be absurdly complicated by implementation. Remember how many things players already have to keep track of in match, and the only objective there is to shoot everything that moves (including tumbleweeds X_X)

Mystic said:
When suggesting gametypes, there are a few things you all seem to forget:

#1: Offense is far stronger than defense in this game, even after the weapon changes. The Grenade Ring would make offense completely impossible in a normal FPS, but in SRB2 it doesn't make much of a difference at all. Any gametype involving defending a point is simply not going to work.
#2: Players can avoid being hit nearly indefinitely. Even without the thok, Sonic can hold the flag for quite a while and avoid getting hit. With such a move, it's basically impossible to get hit short of some bad luck. This means that gametypes that involve a player holding an object and playing keep-away generally don't work in SRB2. This is the reasoning behind removing the double-jump ability from flag runners in CTF.
#3: Gametypes need to be simple. As an example, here is the description of the full text of the CTF design, despite how simple in concept CTF is:

* Grab the flag from the opponent's base and bring it to your own. If your flag is in your base and you touch the ground on your base with the opponent's flag in hand, your team scores a point.
* Team bases have rings and ring monitors that can only be collected by the home team.
* While carrying the flag, that player's double jump move is disabled.
* Super characters cannot hold the flag.

Note how much text is necessary to describe the rules of such a simple gametype, Capture the Flag. It's pretty easily obvious that all the suggestions here are far more complicated in design than CTF. Anything more complicated by design will be absurdly complicated by implementation. Remember how many things players already have to keep track of in match, and the only objective there is to shoot everything that moves (including tumbleweeds X_X)
''Tyrzi just got ultimate text counter from Mystic'' NOOOOOOO!!!!
But remember this, i writed this one cause i like if there is this gametype.

The point is that a gametype that can't be explained in a sentence or two is too complicated, J-town. Capture the Flag is a simple gametype but look at how insanely complicated it turns out in actual play.

Yeah, but i wanted to explain the extra things, too. There are a few things which cant be explained in CTF in a sentence.

1. I would have the old "Tag-Mode" back to the new Version of SRB2! Because i like this Tag mode.

2. A Gametype, called "Emeralds Hunting" is a good idea. On the map are randomly the emeralds, like in Match or CTF-Mode. When a player have all emeralds collected, the other players have a choosen time (for example 2 minutes) time, to shoot the player with the emeralds, so that he lost the emeralds. Then have the other players the chance, to collect the emeralds.

3. A Gametype, like Smash Brothing! One of the SRB2-Mods have this mode.

4. Not a Gametype, but the Chance, to add "inteligence" bots to a game, like the SRB2JTE Version, but for all gametypes (ink. Race and CTF). I like to play SRB2 with bots, because it is funny!;):)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back