Sonic After The Sequel finally released!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mazefire3609

The stand user of SRB2 MB
Yeah sorry if this doesn't fit in this General Discussion thread but if you guys know LakeFeperd, this means you know that he already released the fan game of Sonic After The Sequel: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TesdgOUB5f4

I'm currently making walkthroughs so please try to keep up with my Youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/Mazefire3609
And again, I'm indeedly VERY very sorry if those are just advertising which are against the rules of this forum. I had to show a youtube link of Sonic After The Sequel being released just to prove it.

A link to the download in the thread for the sake of being convenient

I played through this earlier and I had a lot of fun. Certainly worth a playthrough and oh my there's a lot of secrets to unlock.

Foliage Furnace and Sky Station were my personal favourite zones, although most of them were great overall. The only exception I found was Redhot Ride, mainly because the lighting in act 2 was painful on the eyes.

also that soundtrack is lovely and was worth the numerous delays to get it out.

Why be careful? It's really simple. Is it a video game? Then it goes in Video Games. Otherwise it goes in General Discussion.

I just played through the entire thing as Sonic. I'd actually say that I like Before the Sequel better, but this is a great fan game nevertheless. It opens fantastically (Horizon Heights, Sugar Splash, and Technology Tree are probably my favorite levels, all fantastic), but over time, it kind of feels that the levels become a lot more linear and I don't really care for many of the gimmicks introduced later on. I also liked the boss battles in Before the Sequel better as well.

The final levels as Super Sonic mix things up a bit. You fight the final boss for a while like you do in Doomsday Zone and then warp into another dimension, where you run around like vanilla Sonic and try to avoid said boss's laser blasts. Both of those aspects are actually implemented very well, but it still feels anticlimactic: You ultimately beat the final boss by Spin Attacking him while avoiding horizontal blasts, which you accomplish by not jumping at inopportune times. Somebody at SFGHQ or Retro suggested switching the two last acts, and I agree that would make things a little more exciting.

Mad props has to be given to the game's musicians, many of who also composed the great fan-made soundtrack for Before the Sequel. Check out their work at Soundcloud.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back