Kid Icarus Uprising

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryuspark

No one has made a topic about this game? What a surprise.

Anyway, I'm up to Chapter 8. Gotta say, this game is amazing. Actually makes me feel like playing as Pit in Brawl now.

I have this game. So awesome!
Anyways, Kid Icarus: uprising is a shooting game involving Pit. (The guy most people didn't know about until brawl.)
Oh and jet kirby, your in for a surprise when you finish chapter 9.

Huh, surprised nothing was said much besides it being a shooting game with Pit in it, luckily I will remedy this.

Kid Icarus: Uprising is a 3DS game which could be considered a sequel to the original games. *captain obvious*

The game's plot is simple, Medusa has returned and is once again causing trouble in the lands, and it's up to Pit (with the help of Palutena) to stop Medusa. The gameplay is split into two forms, with every level starting with Pit flying through the sky, and then later taking the fight on the ground. In the flying sections, I can best describe it as either Star fox or Sin and Punishment, with you shooting on-rails with enemies coming at you. On the ground, it's bit more hectic, with you running, dodging, and shooting your way through enemies and progressing through the levels to the boss.

Of course, there is much more to it then just that, the game adopts the same form of currency (Hearts) and while on the ground sections you can find treasure chests filled with new weapons, powers, and items. The hearts can be used to buy new weapons or to increase or decrease the difficulty, higher difficult grants you a better ratio of hearts and items, as well as opening new areas guarded by "Intensity Gates". The powers mentioned earlier can be added in a "set" along with your weapon, by placing them in a grid and fitting them in.

The games multiplayer is also a fun time, split between free for all and a 3 on 3 deathmatch. In team deathmatch battles, the last players standing on each team end up being Angels, who are stronger then the regular players. If the Angel dies or if the teams health (rather complicated affair) is depleted, the other team wins. After these rounds players are awards with hearts, weapons, and powers, it's randomized of course.

The big complaint I had with this game had to be the controls at first, then again I played it without checking the tutorial, but after getting used to the controls it was much easier to manage.

The replay value of this game is also large, you can always head back to earlier levels with new weapons and a higher difficulty to unlock new areas guarded by the earlier mentioned intensity gates, and the game also has a Kirby Air Ride/Brawl checklist with missions to complete, awarding you with weapons, powers, and idols (which also work like trophies, with descriptions, there is even an "idol toss", which is basically the trophy coin machine thing from Melee).

There is alot more I can say about this game, but I think you get what I am saying.

I recommend this game if you want another good 3DS game for your collection, as well as a game that has plenty of replay value to keep you busy, while the controls are a bit odd at first, eventually it'll feel natural using the stylus for the camera and aiming.

Last edited:
Kid Icarus Uprising: New Topic

So I was looking for the original topic and I found it to be kind of lackluster save for the one post, so I figure it's time to do this game a little justice.
Pit is back and he's on a quest to save the humans from Medusa who has been resurrected and is wreaking havoc on everyone with her underworld troops.
kid_icarus_uprising_thumb.jpg

As Pit you need to fight your way through Medusa's underworld army using one of many different types of weapons. You can use a blade, bow, club, palms, and many more! There is also an in-game weapon fusion where you can combine two weapons to make an even more powerful weapon! This isn't all though as the game has a lot more to show than just its gameplay. One of this game's strongest suits is its incredibly amazing soundtrack and these are only just a few of the songs seen in this game. They got the musical artists of Phoenix Wright, Tales of Symphonia, Kirby Games, Legend of Zelda, and much more to work on this game's soundtrack. ((Which by the way did I forget to mention that it's truly incredible))

If for some reason you don't actually own this game on your Nintendo 3DS handheld, the only question I have for you is "what is wrong with you?"

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back