Roadrunner or Sonic ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

VØLT

Kamehameha!
I was watching cartoons and saw that this kind of chicken was running extremely fast, ae wondering which of the two was the fastest Roadrunner or Sonic?
roadsonic.png

Not to mention the fact that Roadrunner is a really annoying character. I only tolerate his existence because he gives context to Wile E. Coyote's harebrained schemes.

I'll let the 90s speak for me.
SatAM said:
Blue streak speeds by
Sonic the Hedgehog
Too fast for the naked eye
Sonic the Hedgehog

SONIC!
He can really move.
SONIC!
He's got an attitude!
SONIC!
He's the fastest thing ali-ee-ive!

Look out when he storms through.
Sonic the Hedgehog
Don't doubt what he can do.
Sonic the Hedgehog

SONIC!
He can really move.
SONIC!
He's got an attitude!
SONIC!
He's the fastest thing alive!
HE'S THE FASTEST THING ALIVE!!
HE'S THE FASTEST THING ALIVE!!!

I don't know about speed, but I'd choose Roadrunner over Sonic because he doesn't speak. Every cartoon Sonic is in, the dialogue isn't well written.

I don't know about speed, but I'd choose Roadrunner over Sonic because he doesn't speak. Every cartoon Sonic is in, the dialogue isn't well written.

Beep Beep.

But yeah, I was never really a fan of Jaleel/Griffith's voice acting in the cartoons. Though, the voice acting in the Sonic GAMES were much better (With the exception of a few).

Sticking with the "harebrained" subject, I vote Sonic. I'm not saying this because I'm a fan of Sonic, but rather I say this because he's just... better. I don't know how the Road Runner would handle himself dealing with a large man with an IQ of 300, rather than a coyote who has the inevitable timing of always missing the buzzard with the anvil and crushing himself.

In terms of speed... Sonic, I guess.

I vote for sonic because of his leather shoes! By the way, road runner can't break sound barrier, i guess xd.

...great, now we have one of these debates?

Besides, what about the other speedy characters, eg. The Flash from DC Comics, or QuickMan from the MegaMan games? =P

It all depends on which Sonic you are talking about. For example, comparing the usual roadrunner with Sonic Adventure Sonic, clearly the roadrunner would be the faster of the two. However, comparing it with Sonic X Sonic (as indicated in the original post), you end up with Sonic being faster. The name "Sonic" is shared by many characters that look alike. RIP Sonic 1991-1994, you may have been one of the slower ones but you had the best personality.

Of course, this confusion between hedgehogs is what lead to everyone mistaking Sonic for Shadow in 2001.

It all depends on which Sonic you are talking about. For example, comparing the usual roadrunner with Sonic Adventure Sonic, clearly the roadrunner would be the faster of the two. However, comparing it with Sonic X Sonic (as indicated in the original post), you end up with Sonic being faster. The name "Sonic" is shared by many characters that look alike. RIP Sonic 1991-1994, you may have been one of the slower ones but you had the best personality.

Of course, this confusion between hedgehogs is what lead to everyone mistaking Sonic for Shadow in 2001.
Yep, that's why I'd say the Road Runner is faster. Because he's as fast as he needs to be to make Wile E.'s retardedly well-planned yet failing schemes funny.

Not to mention Tails is as fast as Sonic, in the old-fashioned games (and Robotnik is faster! *coughsonic2*)

...great, now we have one of these debates?

Besides, what about the other speedy characters, eg. The Flash from DC Comics, or QuickMan from the MegaMan games? =P
XLR8 from Ben 10 (although the show sucked)...
Captain Falcon from F-zero...
Any DragonBall Z character who can float...

This is one of those "chosen" arguments, where the two sides are merely two small sections of a very wide subject.

I really don't have a choice, since I'm not one of those kind of guys. If I had to choose based on who I liked more, it would be Sonic.

I vote roadruner because ....... because he is a chicken ! XD

He's a giant chicken! I swear!

1991-1994 Sonic was one of the slower ones, really? Ever play Chemical Plant? There's one section where the screen can't even scroll fast enough.

I'd say that the real question is what exactly would happen if the Coyote and Robotnik teamed up.

I mean, the Coyote made this.

Whoever wins, we lose.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back