• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

2D Camera question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ErickTH

Locked User
Is it possible to make the camera's height change in a 2D stage? I need the camera to be a bit higher than usual so it can match a specific style i am working on, but i've had no luck browsing in the Wiki.

Well, the camera scanner effect is disabled in 2D so all you have left is the Cut-Away View effect, problem is, you can't set it to follow the player... Unless you SOC it of course :)

Actually, in my experience, you can limit the camera's height by changing the floor/ceiling heights of a sector that's right behind the camera's viewpoint. I haven't done this in a while so it might not work so well, but I've seen it happen. The reason for it being slightly behind the viewpoint, of course, is so that the player never sees this sector.

I don't know if it's possible to make the sector adjust itself to the player's height so that the camera stays that way, unfortunately. It'll just restrict itself to the space the sector provides.

Last edited:
I don't know if this would work, but if you can change the view height in the console, then you can change it in a script. Have it execute on level load. I don't know if this would work in 2D mode, though...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back