Kirby

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nova

Deactivated profile
The title of the thread says it all.

As a Sonic player, I rarely find a different series to play. Kirby is one such example. As soon as I got Super Star, I found the Kirby series epic and cute.

Anyone else play Kirby?

The Kirby games are fun but their appeal wears of really fast.
They tend to be overly easy to the point it's just not really fun.

Have you ever played Amazing Mirror on the GBA? Getting 100% on that game was a trip. Mostly because the way the worlds were mapped out involved a lot of backtracking and figuring out how to get to certain rooms. The game was still fun, though and the last boss offered a rare challenge in a Kirby game.

The Kirby games are fun but their appeal wears of really fast.
They tend to be overly easy to the point it's just not really fun.

Hence why they added in replay value in almost every game for increase difficulty. It mostly or rather never really changed the overall difficulty, but surviving like 12 or so areas with only 3 bars of health and no tonic or maximum tomatoes in stages was rather frustrating to complete at one time.

But I would agree with Djermy that Amazing mirror was nothing other than a nightmare to attempt to complete in one day considering monsters and areas were slightly more difficult and complex.

Have you ever played Amazing Mirror on the GBA? Getting 100% on that game was a trip. Mostly because the way the worlds were mapped out involved a lot of backtracking and figuring out how to get to certain rooms. The game was still fun, though and the last boss offered a rare challenge in a Kirby game.
That's exactly why it's my favorite game in the series: The fun design, and it actually has some challenge to it.

That's exactly why it's my favorite game in the series: The fun design, and it actually has some challenge to it.

Very much agreed; the game actually tried to kill you and there was more justification to play more of it because of those daunting empty spaces in your inventory. The Shadow Meta Knight battle was another fun point in that game.

Anyone played Canvas Course? Loved that game...
Oh, it wasn't a normal Kirby adventure. He lost his body parts.

The Kirby series has been me favorite game series since Kirby's Dreamland was the first game I ever played in my gaming life. Since then, I've tried to get all the Kirby games I could get my hands on. All thats left is Kirby's Avalanche, Kirby's adventure, and Kirby's dreamcourse. (correct title?)

I forget if they are on the virtual console. Are they?

I absolutely loved Canvas Curse. Was the first DS game that truly used the touch screen in a way that felt right to me. Sure it was gimmicky, but it actually went somewhere with the gimmick and made something fresh and new.

If only it had normal bosses other than the final one, though. The minigames aren't nearly as awesome as an actual boss.

Yes, Kirby is quite cool. Amazing Mirror is my favorite, it has TONS of replayability, and the bosses was cool. (Namely, Heavy Titan. That one was awesome) Airride is also really fun with other people.

Only played Amazing Mirror (which I really liked, I'm at 97% I think) and Kirby SSU which is a breeze until you unlock some of the exclusive game modes. Meta Knightmare Ultra is cheap but its there for the novelty, revenge of the king, helper to hero, and the true arena are really very difficult. Kracko and Cabula are so haate.

I wanted to get Canvas Curse, but since I couldn't afford it and its been a few years, I thought I could just forget about it, save myself thirty bucks, and nobody would be the wiser.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back