Strange psychedelic fish with legs revealed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chengi

I like your attitude!
Kart Krew™️
http://www.watoday.com.au/world/div...ic-bouncing-fish-with-legs-20090227-8kbz.html

PM_fish-420x0.jpg

Just recently, some people discovered some type of fish. This fish can rocket off using it's flaps (comes out of the gills.) and legs.
This fish is related to the "Frogfish", which it's peach stripes extend from it's eyes to it's tail.

The fish — which Professor Pietsch has named "psychedelica" — is a member of the antennariid genus, Histiophryne, and like other frogfish, has fins on both sides of its body that have evolved to be leg-like.

Discuss.

Well, looks like the power of evolution is really fascinating.

I was intrested when I heard this, however there is a fish which kind of has legs which lives near the bottom of the ocean I think. The tripod fish it's called due to it's 3 sharp tripod like legs.

This reminds me of the prehistoric shark thing that was found some time ago. Just watching that thing was amazing. How much time had it been there, lurking?
So far, I think that due to the nature of the deep seas, the bizarrest and most likely unknown creatures live there.
Especially if you consider the high pressure and darkness down there.
Any creature that lives there might find it impossible to live somewhere else, which could possibly mean that's their only habitat.
And since that zone is nigh impossible to investigate, the creatures down there must be very interesting.
Or it could always be some tremendous letdown, who knows.

Man, why would you kill a fish? Also, that's not related to science, it's just an animal...

Jellybones69 said:
Yeah, what did a strange psychedelic fish with legs ever do to you?

Woah, calm down dude, can't you take a joke? Man, you guys are so serious over everything...

Nev3r said:
Man, why would you kill a fish? Also, that's not related to science, it's just an animal...

I was joking, and I know it's an animal; why does everyone have to get serious over a joke? Even if it's not funny...

darkness claw said:
While we're on the topic of fish, they've actually found two-headed fish in radioactive-polluted waters.

Pictures?

While we're on the subject on other strange fish, anyone see or hear about the one with the transparent head?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zoygy-8PTtU

I found like 10 other strange fish on youtube searching for this video. Damn, those things can be freaky.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back