• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

A-star the hedgehog WIP (not a recolor)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remember that character sprites are normally 70x70 pixels, Astar. That character of your's sort of looks like he will be taller than that.

once his sprites are done, they might be Hires-ed.

@Tails24, Hyperknux
Not yet, after version 4-5.

Now, version 4-4:
workshop4-4.png

EDIT:

is it possible to glide and go super with
Code:
superanims = 0
?

EDIT2:

Version 4-5, version 4 final
workshop4-5.png

Senku Niola said:
Come up with your own glasses design. :<

Honestly, I don't really know EXACTLY how your glasses look, I've never used one of your WADs.

I like the design I made. I went for your avi's because of how great the sheen looked, mine didn't turn out that well...

Long story short: no.

EDIT:

workshop5.png
V5

looks fine to me.

EDIT:
it has to be proportionate to the circle that makes up the head, not all of the head.

EDIT2:
workshop7.png
V7

EDIT3:
workshop8.png
V8

It doesn't fit in with the head. Really, it barely looks like a body. It looks like a thin egg painted blue with stubs glued onto it.

Totally remake it to look more like a body. Try making it looks less like you threw random shapes together.

I like the head, but the body and shoes need work in my opinion. I'm glad this isn't one of those cruddy recolors sent in by Fanboys. I suggest looking at the sprites of Sonic, Tails, and Knuckles, and try shaping A-Star's body to look like theirs. Also, considering he's a hedgehog, he most likely needs spines on his back, and a tail should also be added. Another thing: His head makes it look like he's looking up. Is he suppose to look like that? In any case, I would like to see how this turns out in the future. :)

P.S. His hands look like balls. I'm pretty sure they should not really look like that in the Sonic Universe. Try making them look more like gloves or mittens. Also, try looking at the sprites of Sonic, Tails, and Knuckles and try to make it that his shoes look more like them. Those shoes barely look like shoes, trust me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back